...



Thursday, June 28, 2007

Contest, eHarmony and...Stuff

I couldn't think of a compelling title for this post so I just called it exactly what it is...stuff.

First, I don't usually do promo on a blog unless I have a release that day or something, but I do want to tell you about a contest coming up:

I have NINE authors - yes, I said NINE - who are donating books to my August contest. Details will be in my July newsletter (which I have to write this weekend! Aacckk!). The contest is to celebrate my two August releases for Ellora's Cave and Samhain Publsihing.

Anyway, on to life - You might not ever believe this, but I gave the eHarmony personality profile thing a try. They NAILED my personality spot on! I couldn't believe how accurate they were. Now, I'm a person who's taken the Myers/Briggs personality profile test in several different ways and it always comes out the same, so I'm more than aware of the type of personality I have. So for them to nail it like they did after just a few minutes on the computer was amazing.

Then came the next part - the rejection. I couldn't believe it! They gave me this schpiel (don't know if I spelled that right) about how people with personalities like mine make up only 20% of the population. It almost sounded like I was just "too special" for them to work on my behalf. So after reading the "We're so sorry, but we can't help you" notice, I cracked up! I mean cracked the hell up like I was on drugs or something. I don't think I've laughed that hard in a long while. Why? Because they were basically telling me that I'm just too even handed, too unselfish, and too supportive to match with anyone in their database.

I'll take that as a compliment, thank you very much! ROFL!!

TJ
..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.•´ .•´¨¨))
((¸¸.•´ ..•´ http://www.tjmichaels.com/ -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.•´* http://www.dynamicthree.com/
CARINIAN'S SEEKER, V.C.O.E. Book 1, Available at Amazon.com * Barnes & Noble
SERATI'S FLAME, V.C.O.E. Book 2, August 2007
EGYPTIAN VOYAGE, A Torrid Tarot Novel, August 2007
FERAL FASCINATION Anthology, In Print Summer 2007
POUNCE ~ PRYDE ~ JAGUAR'S ~ GIFT WRAP, All available at Ellora's Cave

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Ericka Scott said...

How funny. . . I thought they advertised they could find a match for everyone!

June 29, 2007 at 9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home