...



Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Distractions & Interruptions

Hello everyone!

It's the last Wednesday of the month, and I've got a doctor's appointment today. First, I need to get my daughter to school. Then I need to catch the train, walk to the hospital, wait, see the doctor, walk back to the station, catch the train, and walk home. By the time all of that is done, it'll probably be close to 1pm. My daughter gets out of school at 3:25pm. So I guess today's pretty much a bust as far as getting any writing done.

Though I do intend to take my trusty notebook with me, I still won't be as productive as if I was at home with my laptop. :/

Personally, I think I come across more interruptions than anything else. I have to admit that I'm pretty focused when I set a deadline for myself. Even if it's self-imposed, I always strive to get it done on time. Like at the moment, my self-imposed deadline is to get a bunch of novellas revised and subbed by the end of June. Okay, the end of June is only a few days away, so I'm not sure if I'll make the deadline for all of them, but I sure got heaps out of the way already.

The only real distraction I have during the day is the internet. I usually fix that problem by using my laptop to write, which has no internet access. But the computer that does have access is only a few steps away from the couch, so it's still very tempting. Now that there are so many things I need to do online, it's even more of a distraction than it was before. Still, I usually manage to keep it under control by assigning several times during the day just for online stuff.

I find that I need to write, or do something writing related, every single day or I get a bit crabby. Usually on weekends I don't do much because it's my time with the hubby and daughter... but I still manage to squeeze in some thoughts, or notes. ;)

So, do you get a lot of distractions when you're supposed to be writing? Or are you mostly like me, and get interruptions instead? Sometimes, life just likes to get in the way...



Yolanda
http://www.yolandasfetsos.com/

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Missy Sue said...

Hi, Y! You know, it's funny that you brought up distractions since that's all that's been happening for me the past few weeks. I haven't written a word in two weeks almost, lol. And it's killing me....that and the fact that I have the famous "block" doesn't help too much either, lol. Loving the blog! Here I am reading and perusing when I should be writing! LOL

June 27, 2007 at 10:38 PM  
Blogger TJ Michaels said...

Distractions just knock my writing intentions out of the box! Combine that with the day job and sometimes I have to practically box myself in a corner and get the word count in.

Sometimes I dont' get to touch a mani for days! Aacckk!

June 28, 2007 at 10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home