...



Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Hi & Welcome!

*waving from downunder*

This is Yolanda Sfetsos, and I live in Sydney, Australia. :D It's so cold this morning. I wish it was summer again. I'm not a fan of cold weather, never have been and probably never will! I just don't like winter.

Anyway, I wanted to introduce myself today. I'm so excited to be here, alongside such great talent!

I'm published with Cobblestone Press, Aphrodite's Apples and Silk's Vault Publishing. This Friday, my seventh eBook will be released by Cobblestone Press. I'm so excited! I get excited with every new book that comes out. I just love being able to share my stories with others, it's what I've always wanted to do.

I've been writing since my teens. My school was a few suburbs away, so that meant that my friends weren't nearby at all. I spent a lot of time by myself. I'd stay in my bedroom and just daydream away, until eventually those daydreams became story ideas and I started writing them down. Before long, I was typing them. And then one day I discovered a little movie called The Lost Boys, and a writer called Clive Barker... after being introduced to these, I started my walk down the paranormal path.

My first real story was about a vampire, and I loved writing it! After that, everything I wrote had a darker edge to it. Actually, that's one thing that hasn't changed. Everything I write has some sort of paranormal thing going on, and plenty of dark. I've also been known to write straight out horror. ;)

I've tried to write stories without an otherworldly spin, but I can't! It might start out quite normal, but something paranormal always weaves itself into the storyline. So, I've embraced the darkness and just go with the flow. Nowadays, I love that my muse can draw out a paranormal element out of almost anything!

So tell me... have you been touched by the paranormal too? Do you like to read about paranormal stuff? Leave a comment, and I'll pick one random person to win a copy of my darker-edged eBook FAITHLESS. I'll announce the winner next Wednesday, when I post next.

It's great to be here!


Yolanda
http://www.yolandasfetsos.com/

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I just found your MySpace account today and I am looking forward to purchasing your books.

From the execerpts I have read so far you are on your way to the top.

Have a wonderful day!!

Kimberley
myspace.com/kimddesigns

June 13, 2007 at 3:02 PM  
Blogger Karen Erickson said...

I love The Lost Boys! What a great movie - and filmed in Santa Cruz. I love Santa Cruz...

:) Congrats on your SEVENTH release! Whoo hoo!

June 13, 2007 at 3:22 PM  
Blogger Ericka Scott said...

Congratulations on your 7th release Yolanda!

Have a great week!

June 13, 2007 at 6:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love paranormals, but I also enjoy historicals and other types of romance books. I kind of like to switch around so I don't get bored with reading. I haven't read any of your books yet but plan on it.

June 13, 2007 at 6:34 PM  
Blogger Shelli Stevens said...

Hi Yolanda!! I love winter. I'd trade you, though...give me a few more sunny days first :)

You have quite the list of ebooks already! Congrats!

Any paranormal experiences...sigh. NO! Which is SUCH a bummer, because I really want to see a ghost or UFO. Though I know the minute it happens for real I sh*t my pants.

June 13, 2007 at 6:36 PM  
Blogger Rhonda Helms said...

YAY--glad to see your post! I LOOOOVE paranormal...write a little of it myself! :D

June 13, 2007 at 7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home