...



Monday, June 25, 2007

Is this the first time you've been here?

Have you ever had a dream you couldn't quite understand? Maybe in a language you didn't speak? Or in a land you've never been to? I come from a family of dreamers. My mom always stressed to me how important dreams are and as I grew up one of my most family parts of sleeping was dreaming.

I always remember my dreams. The ones I remember in most detail are what I call my flashes. Glimpes I get of what I believe may be my past lives, my other lives. One I I'll never forget is of a young girl, in a castle in Scotland. I remember walking up a curving flight of stairs to the tower, the fear making made my gut clench because I knew what waited at the top of that tower.

I've never been to Scotland. I've never been in a castle (lol besides the one at Disneyland and that one hardly counts) so how do explain away the dream? Because the girl was me and I was the girl. I felt her emotions, lived her life and felt the same bone chilling fear because I knew what we had done and I knew there were consequences to pay for that action.

That dream wasn't the only one I had like that. My most personal story every written, the one that took the longest to write, the one that stripped me bare and allowed me to hide nothing is Make Me Remember. I started this book about 10 years ago. And it started with a dream. A dreamt of a girl running from danger and falling into the lap of the most dangerous man she'd ever meet. He wasnt a danger to her physically but emotionally and mentally because he was the other half of her soul and she wasn't ready to face everything she needed to face for them to be together.

I know, I know. It sounds like a bunch of mumbo jumbo and superstitious nonsense. But...what if isn't? What does it hurt to believe in things that aren't considered normal? So tell me, do you believe?

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Shelli Stevens said...

I get that feeling all the time. Some weird stuff. But a lot more when I'm awake.

I've often found myself thinking, I need to get married and have a husband but then immeditiately think I've done that before and it's overrated. Or sometimes I get the I'll do better next time . Strange stuff.

I love this book!

June 25, 2007 at 2:45 PM  
Blogger Ericka Scott said...

I don't think I truly believed until I met my husband. I know it sounds really corney, but even from the beginning, we completed one another. . . like we'd been together before. We think alike (sometimes it's really scary), almost like we've known each other forever.

Perhaps we have. . .

June 25, 2007 at 3:54 PM  
Blogger Two Voices Publishing said...

I've absolutely been here before, a number of times. I've already decided when I'm done here this time, I'm not coming back. If I haven't learned what I need to here by now, I'm never going to.

June 25, 2007 at 6:12 PM  
Blogger Yolanda Sfetsos said...

I don't think it's mumbo jumbo at all! I get that feeling a lot too. A familiarity that just doesn't make any sense, or strange thoughts that just don't sound like my own... man, do I sound like a crazy person yet? ;)

I'm like Ericka, when I met my hubby, that soul-connection-with-someone thing really hit me. I've never connected to someone as deeply as with him. It's an amazing thing that intensifies every single day.

What a fabulous post, Emma.

June 25, 2007 at 6:35 PM  
Blogger Candace Morehouse said...

Absolutely believe in reincarnation. I used to work at an antique store during my college days and we also sold vintage clothing. I had an uncanny knack for dating items. I was also very tiny (size 1-3) back then and often modeled the clothing. Putting it on I could imagine myself as the original owner, who they were, what they did. There was a 1910 ball gown and I could swear I was dancing in a ball room when I had it on. There are still items that "speak" to me and I imagine it is because I had them in a former life.

June 25, 2007 at 10:28 PM  
Blogger author said...

I'm pretty sure I've been here before. My hell hound attitude had to be cultivated over MANY lifetimes.

June 25, 2007 at 11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home