...



Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Oh Yum? OW/YM

Recently Ellora’s Cave posted the following submission call:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ellora's Cave will be having a special theme series for release in May 2008 -
Older Woman/Younger Man stories. We will accept both quickies (10-15K
words) and novellas (18-30K words) for this series; all must be E
rated.

Submissions deadline is
Dec. 15, 2007.

External submissions deadline is November 15; full story plus
synopsis should be emailed to Submissions@ellorascave.com; put "OW/YM
submission: booktitle" in the email Subject line.

Sincerely,
Raelene Gorlinsky, Publisher
Ellora's Cave Publishing Inc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Older Woman/Younger Man. OW/YM

As the mother of a young man who will turn twenty this fall, I have to admit this scenario does absolutely nothing for me. A woman my age sleeping with a guy in his twenties? Even in my *cough, sputter* forties, my brain is still in the-guy-must-be-older mode. However, I know EC would not put out a series of books if there was no market for them. Which makes me wonder--how widespread is the demand? Is there a substantial market for younger man/older woman stories? And what age differences are we talking? Five years? Ten? More?

I’ll be the first to admit, I would have never guessed m/m would be so popular among heterosexual women. Therefore, blind as I am to potential new trends, I’m going to keep an open mind about this.

Anyone want to share their opinion? I think there's a lot of potential to hit some ICK buttons on people. What's safe? What's taboo?

Tawny

**~*~*~*~*~*~*~**

Vampilicious Erotic Romance

Sydney’s Romance with Sassitude

3 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda Helms said...

ROFL--yeah, this doesn't do anything for me, either, but I'm sure there are women out there who are gaga for these kinds of books!!

After all, one person's squick is another person's treasure. Or something like that. haha

July 10, 2007 at 8:36 AM  
Blogger Jaynie said...

It doesn't do anything for me, but maybe I'm just not old enough yet *g*

Hubby tells me that it's a really big male fantasy - the older woman thing.

July 10, 2007 at 6:51 PM  
Blogger Tawny Taylor said...

Thanks for the comments, Rhonda and Jaynie. So far, we're three for three...against.

Hmmm...

July 11, 2007 at 6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home