...



Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Doctor Who & Transformers

So, I'm a huge movie fan. I love watching horror, action, comedy, scifi, epic, animation... just about a bit of any genre suits me. As long as I enjoy what's going on in the movie, I'm happy. I don't know what's happened to me lately, though. For a while there, I seemed to have lost that spark.

Maybe it's the fact that I've become addicted to huge-idea TV shows like Heroes, Supernatural and House, to name a few. Or maybe it's just that the movies being made nowadays just don't cut it anymore. I'm not sure. But I know that at the end, when the credits are rolling, I usually find myself thinking: Okay, that was a waste of time.

I'll give you an example. The other night, the hubby and I sat down to watch Ghost Rider. Okay, I love watching comic book movies. Love superheroes and all that jazz. And this one had the devil, fallen angels and a rider with a skeleton head on fire. So I was excited to watch it! The special effects were brilliant, flawless and visually great. But the characters and the story, not so much. The female lead could've been edited out and it wouldn't have made a difference to the overall tale. It was a shame but in the end, it didn't work for me.

I reckon it might've had something to do with the fact that we'd watched the season 3 finale of Doctor Who earlier on in the day. That was outstanding! I'm so attached to these likeable characters, the story is rich with layers, the tension kept me on the edge, and the surprises kept coming until the very last second. Everything that happened throughout the entire season, meant something. And that, was amazing! I absolutely loved it.

Then on Tuesday night, we went to watch TRANSFORMERS. Well, this movie could've gone either way. Honestly, it could've... but it didn't. I came out of it thinking: I've gotta watch that again! Not because I missed anything, but because it was brilliant! I loved it! Everything about this movie was terrific, and I still can't stop thinking about it... days later.

I love it when a blockbuster lives up to the hype and beyond... Has anybody else seen it yet? Man, those Autobots were fantastic. There was a bit of everything in this movie.

What about you? Are you finding yourself more attached to TV shows lately, or do movies still keep you captivated? And if your answer is yes, share some of the newer movies that you've enjoyed so much you couldn't stop thinking about them.

TRANSFORMERS has definitely restored my faith in movies.




Yolanda
http://www.yolandasfetsos.com/

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home