...



Saturday, August 11, 2007

BORING

Alas, I have finally admitted to myself that I have, indeed, become a fuddyduddy. An old, OLD, fuddy duddy. (I don't know if it qualifies as one or two words, so I did one of each and figure at least one should be right).

It is Saturday morning. I am not sleeping off a hangover. I am not plannning my Saturday night. No, friends and neighbors. I am cleaning my house. More specifically, my OFFICE.

OK, I don't know about everybody else, but there is only so much me to go around. I mean, there's plenty of me (I'd like to lose several pounds of me to be sure) but there is still only so much I can do. So, sometimes, particularly when I'm on deadline, something's got to give. Usually, it winds up being the housework. So that by the time the book actually gets turned over to the editor I feel as though I'm living in a PIT. And since I am living mostly in my office when I'm awake and not at the day job, the office is the epicenter of the explosion of YUCK that has become what once was my home.

So, once I've had the opportunity to collapse for a day or two and indulge a little post-librum depression, I find myself shoveling my way back to a tolerable level of cleanliness. Because I can't seem to start a book when the place is a mess.

So today I got going on it. In the process I've found some receipts I need for taxes; a couple of the copy-edit and galley pages from previous books, several ARCs (advance review copies) of the upcoming novel. (Giving us more to send to reviewers. WHOOO HOO.)

You see, I just went on for three paragraphs on HOUSEWORK. For crying out loud! Surely I should have something more exciting to post. Unfortunately, not yet. Books are doing fine. Kid's doing fine. Animals are fine. Work's fine. I mean, really, I should be grateful for the lack of excitement. After all, there are two kinds of interesting:

(1) I WON THE LOTTERY!!!! WAHOO!!!! Exciting. or

(2) I TOTALLED MY CAR! ARGH!!!! Which is at least equally exciting (at least while the semi is bearing down on you in the rear-view mirror.) But is SOOOOOO not what I (or you I would guess) would want.

So, I suppose, HOORAY FOR BORING. I'll just have to save the excitement for the books I'll write in my freshly cleaned office. But I have to admit, I do feel a little. . . dull. Forgive me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Loretta said...

I love the Tales of the Sazi books. Need to get Howling Moon and Moon's Fury when it comes out. I have read Touch of Evil and just bought Touch of Madness the other day. I can't tell you how much I enjoy the books, they are all fantastic reading and you don't want to put them down.

August 12, 2007 at 8:03 PM  
Blogger C. T. Adams said...

Thank you so much! We love hearing that. It makes all the work worthwhile. :)

August 13, 2007 at 5:26 PM  
Blogger TJ Michaels said...

Oh my god! I am totally laughing because I think I'm on the duddy wagon with you!

TJ
www.tjmichaels.com

August 15, 2007 at 2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home