...



Thursday, August 16, 2007

GUUUURGEOUS!

Yes, guurgeous is a word...I just made it up and it's the perfect way to describe my new cover for Egyptian Voyage. I just got it the other day for my August 29th release and I'm just wiggling and jiggling my butt all over the place (it's called dancing, I promise) ;D Take a look!



CONTEST AND WEBSITE STUFF
I'm having a website redesign done so my site at www.tjmichaels.com will be down for a few days. My webchicky says it'll be back up on Sunday, so if you're participating in the huge Arcane August contest you'll still be able to get the answers you need from my site with plenty of time to spare.

Okay, now on to some other non-writing related stuff. And after you read this, give me your honest opinion.

Now I don't know about you, but this girl needs her batteries. With all the electronic gadgets we use around my house we are forever shoving one, two, or four into the recharger every darned day. But now there's something new to take care of our battery needs...and I'm not sure if I like it or not. Check it.

"If you crack the back off of an iPhone or any other modern portable electronic device, you'll find a big honking battery that takes up a huge amount of space and contributes to a large part of the device's weight. Fuel cells and solar power have both been floated as promising solutions to the battery weight/capacity problem, but new research suggests that carbon nanotubes may eventually provide the best hope of implementing the flexible batteries and supercapacitors needed to shrink our gadgets even more."



Yes, it's a paper thin battery that can use electrolytes from the body to charge it. I can see the applications of this and certainly would appreciate a lighter eBook reader (it's about the size of a paperback book, but could certainly weigh less), but I'm not sure I'd want an itty bitty battery that can be used inside my body. Hmmm. What do you think?

Here's the link to the full article: Itty Bitty Battery Article

TJ
www.tjmichaels.com

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Yolanda Sfetsos said...

TJ, you're right... your new cover IS guurgeous! ;)

August 16, 2007 at 12:46 PM  
Blogger Shelli Stevens said...

Love the cover, it's so gorgeous!! And I'm not sure on the battery thing. It looks pretty cool.

August 16, 2007 at 4:27 PM  
Blogger LA Day said...

The cover is fabulous! The battery...hmmm I haven't heard of it. Don't know what to think about it.

August 17, 2007 at 10:48 AM  
Blogger TJ Michaels said...

Thanks Yolanda, Shelli and L.A.! The cover goddess over at EC really nailed it! I swear, the next time I see Syneca I owe her a round of foot kissing!

TJ

August 20, 2007 at 10:02 AM  
Blogger Ericka Scott said...

Absolutely stunning cover!!!!

August 20, 2007 at 11:33 AM  
Blogger C. T. Adams said...

It is truly a beautiful cover. I bet the books will practically jump off the shelves.

CONGRATS!


Cie

August 21, 2007 at 3:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home