...



Wednesday, August 15, 2007

A List & Great News!

Okay, first I'll start with a list:

THE VAMPIRE ORACLE AUTHORS

The Moon by Michelle Hasker
Birth by Diana Bold
Innoncence by Lia Morgan
Life by AL Debran
Hunger by Sophie Athens
Chalice by Ericka Scott
Power by Ava Rose Johnson
Battle by Lia Sebastian
Fever by Sapphire Blue
Lust by Jade James
Sin by Antonia Pearce
Sacrafice by Leila Brown
Love by L. Shannon
Harmony by MG Braden
Shadow by Karen Erickson
Sunlight by Moira Reid
Ashes by Contessica Ryans
Death by Yolanda Sfetsos
Sleep by Eugenia O'Neal
Tomb by Rebecca Goings
Awaken by Eliza Gayle
Rebirth by Lyric James
New Life by Emma Petersen
Wisdom by Sable Grey
Circle of Life by Deanna Lee

The Vampire Oracle is a series which will be release by Cobblestone Press, in both eBook and Print formats. How exciting is that?

When the proposal submissions were announced in June, I had a wonderful time checking out the covers and meanings as they were released. A handful of them appealed to me so much that my muse started tingling. I mean, why wouldn't she? The cover art on ALL of the cards is gorgeous. Sable Grey - who also happens to be a Diva here - did an awesome job. But I couldn't write proposals for all of them, so I only sent in for the ones that totally grabbed me.

Even out of those, there was one that shone brighter than the others for me. It was the DEATH card. I just knew I wanted that one! And the story that came to me for this one was so vivid. So full of heartbreak, deception and the cost this character had to face for what happened to her. It was amazing. And it all filtered into my mind as I was walking home from dropping my daughter off at school.

So when I got word from Deanna, and was contracted for the DEATH card, I was SO excited. I'm still excited, can't you hear the sound of SQUEEEEEEE all the way over in the US? Of course you can. That's still me.

This is a fabulous opportunity, and I'm honored to be a part of the excellent list I've posted above. I'd also like to say congrats to fellow Divas, Sable Grey and Emma Petersen. Yay! :D

At the moment, though my muse and fingers are itching to get stuck into the Vampire Oracle tale, I'm happy to let it percolate for a little bit. Not too long, because I can't wait to write it. I've collected several gorgeous and very inspirational vamp art pics, and fragments of the story are already slipping into my mind... but the greatest inspiration is the actual card and its meaning.


Yolanda
http://www.yolandasfetsos.com/

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations!!!

That's fabulous news and I already can't wait to read it!!! :)

August 15, 2007 at 2:24 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

This sounds fantastic!! Congrats!! I can't wait to read them all.

August 15, 2007 at 4:04 PM  
Blogger Shelli Stevens said...

Congrats, Yolanda! I was so happy for you and all the authors who made it in!

August 15, 2007 at 7:54 PM  
Blogger Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Hey Samantha! How are you? Thanks so much. :D


Hi Judy. Thanks for dropping in, and for the congrats too. I'm VERY excited! :)


Shelli! How you doing? Thank you, thank you! :D

August 15, 2007 at 8:05 PM  
Blogger Tess Harrison said...

That's so great!! Congratulations!

August 16, 2007 at 4:57 AM  
Blogger Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Thanks Tess! :D

August 16, 2007 at 12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home