...



Tuesday, August 21, 2007

New Book Release-itis


Time for a confession.

Today I'm pacing my office, hitting refresh on Amazon every five minutes, expecting the preorder button to disappear.

What am I talking about? It's that time. Real Vamps Don't Drink O-Neg is shipping. Boxes are rolling into bookstores all over the country. I know this because our order was filled at work (for those who don't know, I work at a used and new bookstore).

Do readers have any idea how we authors agonize over the release of our books? Particularly authors who've only recently broken into the NY publishing world? I want to be all confident and everything's-going-to-be-great, but I'm too new to the game to be.

Hold my hand this week, won't you? While I wait for Real Vamps to go "live" on Amazon and land in bookstores? I'd *really* appreciate it!

Tawny (the temporarily needy author)
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Vampilicious Erotic Romance
Sydney's Romance with Sassitude

4 Comments:

Blogger C. T. Adams said...

CONGRATS!!! WOOT WOOT! YOU GO, YOU GO!!!

I still admit to getting tingly every time I see books with my name on the shelf, and I'm ego-maniacal enough that I actually have the cover art from each book up on my office wall to remind me that I CAN do this! ENJOY!!

August 21, 2007 at 6:59 PM  
Blogger Ericka Scott said...

Congratulations!!! I'm reaching out with a virtual {{{Hug}}} I was a nervous wreck for about a week before my book came out (and it was an e-book)...I can't even imagine what it must be like to hold YOUR book in your hot little hands!

Congrats again...now, I'm off to see if I can find it at my local bookstore.

August 21, 2007 at 8:38 PM  
Blogger Tawny Taylor said...

Thanks so much CT and Ericka! It's a thrill, but it's also scary as heck. It's out there. Yay! It's really out there. Yikes!

Not sure if you'll find it at chain stores yet. But Ingrams is shipping it.

August 22, 2007 at 8:46 AM  
Blogger Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Yay Tawny! CONGRATS! That's so awesome. :D

Sending some virtual hugs and hand holding from downunder.

August 22, 2007 at 1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home