...



Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Rockstars & Actors

So, I got to thinking the other day... see, there's a band that's REALLY caught my attention lately. They're certainly not a new band, but they are to me. It's Thirty Seconds to Mars. You guys know them, right? I remember hearing their song "The Kill" on the radio several months ago. The hubby and I loved the song, and their sound. So we went out looking for it, couldn't find it anywhere. But we did find their single, "From Yesterday". Another awesome song!

The biggest surprise for me was that Jared Leto was in the band. The lead singer! My gosh, I was pretty surprised. I mean, it's not that I don't think he's talented, because he's a really cool actor. I remember him in Fight Club and that other really uncomfortable movie that I don't like to talk about. Hell, I wanted to forget I'd watched it right after it was over. Anyway, he was really good in it but I never thought much of him. He was just another actor.

Fast forward to now. He's in a band! Man. Dude, that's got my attention. All of a sudden I'm thinking he's quite the looker, and that dark hair suits him. Hell, the eyeliner suits him too, and all that black clothing? Hell, yeah! All of a sudden I'm totally fascinated and intrigued by Jared Leto. Can you believe that? Lol.

And you know what this made me realise? That I've always had a thing for rockstars! Yep, that's right. I mean, there are a LOT of actors that have caught my attention throughout the years, but rockstars are the ones that ultimately fascinate me. It's been that way for years. Since I was in my early teens.

I think it might be the mystery attached to them. Or just the fact that they're on stage. Maybe it's just because listening to their music has always inspired ideas and daydreams. Or could it be that we see too much of actors? I'm not sure what it is, but there you go. A revelation. ;)

So, I was wondering... which one do YOU prefer? Given the choice between an emo-clad Jared Leto, and the lighter Jared, which do you prefer? Which gets your inspirational juices flowing and gets the muse tingling? You know which one I'd choose. ;)


Yolanda
http://www.yolandasfetsos.com/

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger TJ Michaels said...

Girl, neither one! I'm more of a Pierce Brosnan kinda girl *wink*

TJ
www.tjmichaels.com

August 23, 2007 at 1:18 PM  
Blogger C. T. Adams said...

It depends on the person. Of course, doesn't everything?

August 26, 2007 at 11:36 AM  
Blogger Yolanda Sfetsos said...

TJ, Pierce Brosnan's a very nice looking man. I have to agree with you there. But at the moment, I'm Jared-obsessed! :D


Very true, Cie! Very True.

August 29, 2007 at 2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home