...



Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Something New & Indecision

This week, I started a new story. Well, it's a different character within a world that I've already written three stories in. But I've become totally captivated with it. It's a place I would love to spend more time in. And judging by the amount of story lines that are hounding my brain, I think there'll still be plenty of tales, and opportunities to visit.

So far this week I've written 8,243. I'm aiming for somewhere over the 20k mark. Not sure where it'll end up, but I do know that there's going to be a lot to deal with in this one. Plus a bunch of things that'll need to get resolved. The strangest thing is that the one person that I'm used to being the main character, will be stepping back into the secondary character role. This isn't the first time I've done that, but it's still strange. :)

I'm having a lot of fun with it so far. As I usually do when I'm in this world. This story has been ready for a while now and it's unfolding very quickly.

So... you're probably wondering where's indecision come into any of this? Well, the thing is that the 1-31 August marks a new BIAM over at Cobblestone Main Street. I love to take part in these challenges. They're fun and an awesome way to connect with fellow writers. Plus, I always love a challenge. ;) Except, the tale I've already started does not fit the criteria. But I'd still love to take part.

I've been toying with the idea of starting a new story - I already have one in mind BTW. If I write the required minimum for it every day, I should be able to make the deadline. As well as continuing with the story that's already started. I mean, they'll be two very different stories in different point of views, with two very different main characters.

It's the second day of the month (here in Australia) and I still haven't decided...

Tell me, what would you do? I'd love to hear your opinions. Should I keep on writing just the one tale, or be daring and get stuck into two at the same time?


Yolanda
http://www.yolandasfetsos.com/

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Ericka Scott said...

Well....I'm out this time around. I have 'extensive' edits to turn around for The Werewolf Whisperer, especially if I'm to even hope for a September release date.

And I still need to finish Fool's Gold. I have about 6 more scenes and can see the ending...just can't find the time/energy/attention span to sit and write it! Argh!

Good luck on your decision!

August 1, 2007 at 4:33 PM  
Blogger Debra Moore said...

I decided to wing it, not follow the rules, and write on my story. LOL I posted about that, too, because I saw that Shannon fessed up that she was gonna break the rules, too. We'll probably get kicked out. :-)

August 2, 2007 at 1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home