...



Wednesday, September 5, 2007

BIAW & Vampires

Yes, that's right! It's that time again.

I'm taking part in the current BIAW over at Cobblestone Main Street. This time, the goal is to write a 20k Mystery novella that is Dark & Dangerous. In 7 days. That's right, 7 days!

You know, until late last week I'd been trying to figure out what to work on. What first draft should I tackle? I kept asking myself. Even though the answer was there all along. Right in front of me.

The answer: my Vampire Oracle DEATH novella.

That's right. I mean, it had been simmering inside my head for a while. Since I wrote the first 1k for the proposal, actually. It was just one of those stories. It really grabbed me.

So, I sat down on Monday and got started. At the end of my third day - yesterday - the word count is at 12,082. I'm very excited about the progress, and also the way the story's shaping up. I'm one of those writers that starts out with a nibble of an idea. I take notes, think about it a lot and by the time I sit down to write, I'm still always surprised.

I'm having a great time with this tale so far, and can't wait to see where it leads me today. I'm listening to this album while I write. Man, every one of these songs is so darn inspiring! I'm totally addicted to this band. Dare I say maybe a little obsessed? ;)

Anyway, I better get back to Lana and Hayden. See what's going to happen now that everything that could go wrong between them has. Lol. But before I go, check out this most excellent video that Deanna and Sable put together:




Oh, and if you want to read what all the other Vampire Oracle authors are up to, check out the blog, too!


Yolanda
http://www.yolandasfetsos.com/


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home