...



Thursday, September 13, 2007

I Won! And Meetings (xpost)

First, the cool stuff:

I WON! - I just found out that SPIRIT OF THE PRYDE, released by Ellora's Cave won the 2007 Erotic Dreams Reader's Choice award! I'm so stoked I don't know what to say!

To see the list of award winners, visit the ERDC Awards announcement.
Spirit of the Pryde

I've been in meetings ALL morning at the day job. One of them was actually pretty good because we saw a demo of a new software release that our company is working on.

Usually I don't care for meetings. Why? Because I don't see the point of having a meeting just to discuss when to schedule the next meeting. Or to sit around and joke when I could be doing something else.

Which leads me to my next point - finding time to do NOTHING. My kids say I don't do this enough. They claim that I absolutely must be aware of how to use every minute of every day being efficient with my time, which usually means stuffiing as many tasks as possible into a day.

They're suggestion is to learn how to do nothing. Learn how to just take a moment, catch my breath, and...well, breathe *chuckle* rather than finding something to stuff into that extra few minutes.

I think they've got a point. As a matter of fact, this evening when I get home, I'm going to have dinner, have a little family time, get some word count in...then I'm going to enjoy a book I've been wanting to finish FOREVER. Then again, maybe I'll just veg instead...?

At the end of your day, do you find yourself still trying to fit in "just one more thing?" If so, maybe we should form a 12-step club for it or something!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ericka Scott said...

Heck...I'd have given it first place for the cover alone...move that piece of fabric and let us "look!"

sorry...it's Friday, that's my only excuse

September 14, 2007 at 10:05 PM  
Blogger Emma Petersen said...

WOOT! WOOT Congrats!

September 17, 2007 at 1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home