...



Sunday, October 14, 2007

Da Dogs Are Barkin' (xPost)

Lord my feet are killin' me! But while I was getting my toes squished in a pair of high-heeled pumps, I discovered that women have two national anthems. One is "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor from the 70's. The other is "Lady Marmalade" originally done by Patti LaBelle but most recently redone for the movie "Moulin Rouge" and sung by Christina Aguilera, Mya, Pink and Lil' Kim.

Now how do I know about this national anthem stuff? Girlfriend, let me tell you what I did last night! Or rather, this morning since it's about 2:00am on Sunday morning now. I went to a BALL! Yes, a real black-tie dance with loads of yummy hors'd'ouvres, plenty of beverages (both the tipsy and non-tipsy kind), professional photographers, and the whole works. Oh, and it's was a singles, over-30 only, packed to the rafters shin-dig!

It was the Colorado Black Tie Association event called the Harvest Moon Ball. And yes, I was bullied into it by a girlfriend of mine. It turned out to be equal parts fun and equal parts boring. And you could tell who the firecrackers were in the room - all the single women who didn't bother waiting on a guy to ask her to dance when the two songs I mentioned earlier came on.

As with many balls and dances, most of the guys were on the wall and many of us women (keep in mind, there were AT LEAST 400 people there) were either sitting at tables sipping something-or-other, talking, laughing or wishing someone would come and ask us to dance.

BUT when the two songs I mentioned above came on? Oh my fricking god, you should have seen it! I don't think I've ever seen a pack of women run to the dance floor like that! Some were dragging men behind them. Some said screw it, and just danced by themselves. Some came onto the floor alone then congregated into groups to sing and dance about surviving and getting laid!

Link to LADY MARMALADE Video (tried to imbed it but blogger doesn't play nice).

When was the last time you went out and just said, "screw it, I'm gonna have a good time regardless of what else is going on, damn it!"

Doesn't have to be a fancy dance. Maybe it was a concert or a baseball game. We promise not to tell anyone else your secrets *wink*

TJ

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home