...



Wednesday, October 31, 2007

NaNoWriMo & The Basement

Okay, it's that time of the year again:

Yep, that's right. November is a time of madness, when writers all over the world embark on the venture of writing 50k words in one month! Yikes. That sounds like a lot, doesn't it? Still, with some motivation and discipline, it's not as hard to accomplish as it sounds.

Last year was my first attempt. I actually wrote 73k words during that month. It was a blast. I really enjoyed getting stuck into the novel. And unlike some people who believe you can write total and utter crap during this month, I actually aimed at writing a worthwhile novel. Just as I'm doing this year.

Of course, this time around my aim is a little lower. I'd like to write 60k before the end of this month. I've checked out the amount of weeks, and I think it's very much doable. ;) And of course, I'll be losing out on 8 writing days because I don't write on weekends. Lol. Still, I think 22 days will be plenty of time to reach the goal. What do you think?

I've done my research, and have it handy. I've cast my hero and heroine, and printed out the pics. And I know exactly where this novel had to start. Of course, because I live in Australia, it's already the 1st here. So, here's the first lot of words I wrote this morning: 1,963. Not too bad. Still got more writing sessions planned for later today, so I'm hoping for a higher total at the end of the day.

So, who else is taking part in the madness of NaNo? Do tell.

And the other thing I wanted to mention: my creepy, horror tale THE BASEMENT is now available from Aphrodite's Apples. So, if you wanna check it out, you can by clicking the spooky cover.


Lane Blume is suffering a terrible bout of writer's block, and her marriage is going donwhill. When knocking sounds start to follow her around the house, she starts to question her sanity.

What she first believes might be a hot water system problem down in the basement, ends up being something much darker. Something has taken residence inside her house, and Lane's only hope lies in a friendly plumber and a priest, because her husband's become enchanted by whatever's down there.


Yolanda
http://www.yolandasfetsos.com/


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home