...



Wednesday, October 3, 2007

New covers & Halloween

Hey! I'm running a little late this morning. :/ The next few weeks will be a little different for me because my daughter has a two-week break from school. Writing, and other writing-related things are usually a bigger challenge when she's at home with me. Although, since I've been realistic about the goals I'd like to meet, so far the productivity has been good.

Let's hope it continues...

So, I love getting new covers. It's always excellent to open up an email and get the chance to view a new cover. It's awesome! I usually open it, leave it on the desktop and keep staring at it for as long as I can. Lol.

I've been very lucky with covers, and this week I've got three new ones to share:



Aren't they all beautiful? I am extremely happy with all of them. And of course, can't wait to see what other covers I'll be graced with in the future. :) All of the cover artists I've worked with so far have been wonderful and totally spot-on, when it came to what I envisioned for each cover. It's lovely to have such talented artists available to put a visual to my stories. :D

So, this month is a busy one. I've got three new releases, my hubby's and daughter's birthdays, several revisions I'd like to complete, and it'll be Halloween at the end of the month. Here in Australia, we don't really celebrate Halloween as much as in the US, but I've always loved it anyway. The trick-or-treating is very minimal, and most don't even open the doors for the few kids that bother to dress up. I've always thought it a shame.

I've been a horror fan for many, many years and of course, Halloween featured in a lot of movies. So as a kid and teen, I always wished we did the same thing as the Americans. Of course, the fact that we're in Spring and daylight hours are extended by then might change the spooky mood a little. But still, I've introduced my daughter to the idea and she's fascinated. I think it's a lot of fun, and look forward to spending Halloween nights watching horror flicks with her when she's old enough.

Anyway, I hope you all have a:


glitter-graphics.com


Yolanda
http://www.yolandasfetsos.com/

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Ericka Scott said...

Lovely covers Yolanda! The Basement one gives me the chills! And that little voodoo doll is cute...As for the Christmas one...well, well just say Noel is hawt!

October 3, 2007 at 2:34 PM  
Blogger Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Hey Ericka! THANKS. He is, isn't he? When I first got it, I was like: Damn, he looks even better than I imagined him! Definitely HOT. ;)

October 3, 2007 at 2:51 PM  
Blogger Keziah Hill said...

Love The Basement! Wonderfully creepy!

October 4, 2007 at 12:57 AM  
Blogger Yolanda Sfetsos said...

THANKS Keziah! :D

October 5, 2007 at 2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home