...



Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Bachelor Season Finale

Usually, I post about writing stuff, submissions, craft, whatever. This time, I wanted to do something different. Let's talk about one of my fave reality shows--The Bachelor.

I don't know how many of you watch The Bachelor, but I'm not ashamed to admit, I'm an addict. If you've watched former seasons, you know how this thing is supposed to work. There's a bachelor, who is financially stable, attractive, successful (relative term) and there are twenty five bachelorettes for him to weed through in his quest for true love.

This season's bachelor was bar owner and entrepreneur Brad Womack and he was down to two girls, a Pheonix Suns dancer and a real estate agent and bartender. Both girls told him they were falling in love with him.

Now, in past seasons, it went something like this: Girls tell the bachelor they love him. Bachelor chooses the wrong one (in my opinion), he proposes, they try to make it work long distance, make a few public appearances, and then a few months later the bachelor is spotted getting snuggly with a Miss Universe contestant. Let's just say the success rate for romances spawned on the show isn't great.

So, this season, it seemed Brad Womack decided to go a different route...

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!! DO NOT READ BEYOND THIS POINT IF YOU TIVO'D LAST NIGHT'S EPISODE AND HAVEN'T WATCHED IT YET.











Brad didn't chose EITHER bachelorette. They were both sent home ringless and roseless. And you know what? If Brad did that for the reason he stated (Saying I love you is a big commitment and I'm not ready to make that kind of promise to you. I care too much for you to do that.) then I REALLY respect him, and just maybe this bachelor was on the show for the right reason--because he was hoping he'd find the love of his life. If you watch his face as the girls are pouring out their hearts to him, it gets red, tense. You can tell something is VERY wrong, bothering him something fierce. I think it was killing him, not being able to tell the girls exactly how he felt. This guy was doing his best to be for real. At least, that's what I see.

Anyone else have an opinion? What do you think?

Tawny
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Vampilicious Erotic Romance

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home