...



Wednesday, November 21, 2007

NaNoWriMo & Edits

Gee. You know, the weeks are just zooming by. Sometimes I need to stop for a second and double check what day of the week it is. LOL. It gets like that sometimes, doesn't it?

Well, I think this may actually be my last NaNo post. You see, I crossed the 50k target the other day. Yay! And I added some more words yesterday.
So, this is what my word meter looks like now:

I'm very excited to say that I finished the novel's first draft. Though I would like to go back and read the last two chapters one last time before printing it up, and putting it away for a bit.

Is that what you do with first drafts? I do. I like to write them and then get a little distance from them. Of course, with short stories and novellas, a week or two is usually enough. But with novels, I like to get at least a month away. Everything stands out more that way. I can look at the story and writing more objectively and will rip it apart, if I have to.

So, what's next on my plate? Well, this morning I got started on the first round of edits for one of my Cobblestone Press 2008 releases. This one's called OBSCURE. I got 20 pages in and am looking forward to getting stuck deeper into it. I think it'll be all I get a chance to work on today, but that's fine with me.

During last weekend, I also finished the third round of edits for my Cobblestone Press V-Day novella, VALENTINE'S BEAST. And I have to say that I'm really happy with how it turned out. A fantastic editor is a total gem to any writer. And CP has some of the most wonderful editors around. It's always a pleasure to work with them. I also can't wait to see the cover.

So, anyway, are you all still working on first drafts? Or are you revising stuff you intend to submit? Maybe you're working on edits like me... feel free to share. ;)

Yolanda
http://www.yolandasfetsos.com/

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home