...



Wednesday, November 14, 2007

NaNoWriMo & Great Reading

So, is everyone still getting lotsa words down on paper, or out on the screen? I know I am. Even after having a few days away from my novel last week, and not writing a single word on (most) weekends, I'm moving along quite nicely.

Here's how it's going for me:

Now, I'm running a little late today, and have reached a part in the novel where everything has to come together and mesh towards that terrible black moment when all hope looks lost. Yeah, but I'm hoping to get a little done later on. Still, 40k is pretty good. I'm only 10k away from my NaNo target, and 20k away from my personal goal.

Personally, I think the story will probably end somewhere between 55-57k. No, actually, I'm hoping that it does. I need the extra word count room for the revision.

This story's turning out to be a lot of fun and is filled with adventure, emotion and a sense of suspense about what's going to happen next. I'm enjoying myself. And when I write a tale, that's the most important thing for me. To enjoy and have fun with it. Otherwise, why would I write it, right? It's my passion for getting the tale told that pushes and drives me forward, and I simply love this hero and heroine.

Anyway, enough about that. Let me tell you about this excellent vampire series I've been reading for a while now. It's called the Darkwing Chronicles, and it's written by Savannah Russe.

During the last week I've read the last two (so far) in the series:



This is an awesome series! Daphne Urban is part of a small group of vampire spies who have saved many lives, without the human population knowing a darn thing about it. Her relationships are filled with complications and the darkness of what she is ruins good things for her, but you can't help but like her. She's a strong heroine with many flaws, and moments when you want to stop her from screwing up.

But man, at the end of each book I feel very glad to have been involved on her latest case.

If you like vamps and kick ass chicks, with an array of very alluring hot guys mixed in, I recommend this series. You won't be disappointed with the edgy situations. Very cool!

So, I've got a whole bunch of books on my TBR pile and I'm very slowly catching up... tell me, what's on your TBR pile? Or is there a book you've read lately that had a huge impression on you? Go ahead and share. I love to talk books as much as I love to talk about writing. ;)

Yolanda
http://www.yolandasfetsos.com/

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Pamk said...

Thanks a bunch. I've bought these books and haven't gotten around to reading them. I bought them for the covers alone.

November 17, 2007 at 4:57 PM  
Blogger Karen Erickson said...

Those are beautiful covers! And I know you're kicking Nano's butt...

;)

November 18, 2007 at 9:57 PM  
Blogger Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Hey Pam! I hope you enjoy them, I sure did! :)


Thanks Karen! And yeah, the covers are gorgeous. :D

November 21, 2007 at 12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home