...



Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Taking a Random Poll...

This past weekend, I did a book signing/reading with two authors: Cindy Spencer Pape and Colleen Gleason/Colette Gale. All threeauthors had paranormal romances to offer. In addition, Cindy had a contemporary (cowboy) series and Colleen had her historical vampire slayer series and an erotic version of Phantom of the Opera (titled Unmasqued). I had my mass market re-release of Sex and the Single Ghost, my latest Real Vamps Don't Drink O-Neg, and a dragon shapeshifter, Immortal Secrets.

It was interesting to see what the readers picked up. The non-vampires went the quickest, not only for the other two authors but for me as well (Immortal Secrets went the quickest).

Now I'm wondering if the vampire thing is over. (Un)dead. Caput. Finis. Have readers' lust for vamps been sated? Or was this unique to just this store?

Any opinions? Are you/were you a vampire fan? Have you grown weary of reading about the undead?

Tawny
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
www.tawnytaylor.com

6 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda Helms said...

Not this girl. LOL. But then again, I think I'm late getting into the vamp game...I didn't start reading them until recently. :D

November 27, 2007 at 11:13 AM  
Blogger Tawny Taylor said...

Thanks for responding, Rhonda. I appreciate it. I've been reading vamps for a couple of years, so I'll admit they're becoming kind of old. I'm finding myself reading more contemporaries lately.

November 27, 2007 at 3:45 PM  
Blogger Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Tawny, oh gosh, I LOVE vampire novels! I will NEVER stop buying or reading them. Actually, seeing the word vampire in a blurb will make me sit up and pay attention.

Nope, I'm definitely not over them and wish they keep on coming. Me does love the vamps. ;)

November 28, 2007 at 2:34 AM  
Blogger Cindy Spencer Pape said...

And Tawny is as lovely in person as she is on-line. It was a delight to meet her again. I don't think vamps are over, but maybe they're leveling out after a peak? Besides, Immortal Secrets was your newest, which many of the readers had been waiting for. :)

November 29, 2007 at 12:27 PM  
Blogger Carolyn Crane said...

I still love reading about vampires, but it may take more push for me to pick up a new vampire series—more than the simple presence of vampires.

Ultimately, I think vampires have a deep place in the human psyche, so I don't think we'll ever be truly tired of them.

December 2, 2007 at 11:17 AM  
Blogger Tawny Taylor said...

Hi everyone! (Cindy!) I just saw your comments and had to respond.

Yolanda, I hope you represent the majority of people buying paranormal romances :)

Cindy, that's such a sweet thing to say! Thanks for the compliment.

Carolyn, I have a feeling you're right about the vamps having "a deep place in the human psyche".

Maybe it's just me. I used to be like Yolanda. If it was a vamp, I had to have it. Not so much anymore. I'm afraid publishers have flooded the market.

December 4, 2007 at 5:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home