...



Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Distractions & Christmas

You know, the last few weeks have been a little hectic around here. A large chunk of my writing time was spent on editing, and because of that, I didn't realise just how hard I'm finding it to keep my filters from getting clogged up.

As I've already mentioned, the hubby started a new job recently and it threw my day upside down, literally. It's only this week that I actually admitted to myself just how much it's affected me. I'm slowly - very slowly - getting back into the swing of (writing) things. I've started a new story, and so far have only written 6,404. I know it might sound like an okay figure, since I started on Monday. But on Tuesday I think I added under 2k. This is very rare for me.

Looks like the story's really grabbed me now, but the Christmas season is now threatening to affect me. You see, for some reason December gets me into a slower pace. I don't know what it is, maybe it's because I've done so much during the year that my muse, mind and body think it's time to slow down to a crawl.

Who knows? But I do know that the distractions are (usually) winning above everything else so far this month.

So, tell me, does this happen to you? Do you move super fast during the year and then slow it right down when December rocks around? I'm just wondering if it's just me... :/


Yolanda
http://www.yolandasfetsos.com/

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Tawny Taylor said...

Strangely, this year it's been the opposite for me. I can't bear to walk away from my writing, to get anything else done.

December 6, 2007 at 4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home