...



Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Back into it & Reading

So, it's the last day of January today. Well, it is in Australia. :) And you know, when I look back I realise that I didn't achieve much of what I wanted to do this month. Sure, I got a bunch of edits done, I wrote one short story, took my daughter to swimming lessons every single day for two weeks, hung out with her, read some, and just kept the day-to-day stuff going. But my personal goals for the start of the year kinda slumped.

I think that's about to change. My daughter has gone back to school. Yesterday was the day, and I didn't waste any time getting started.

I'm writing the first draft of a novel. It's the reason why I'm here a little later than usual. I wanted to sneak in a session and then write this post while I wait for the lappy to charge up. It's a pain. :/ But at least it's a break from just sitting there for hours.

The story's feeling good. I'm just at the start, but am already making things hard for my hero and heroine. They pretty much meet right away, but it doesn't mean they're going to have a lovely time of it. This isn't a date. ;) Nope, we're in the depths of a very dark world and their adventure is going to be anything but comfy.

Good news is that I'm about 200 words from crossing the 5k mark. That's so cool. I'm very excited about this and can't wait to get more added.

As for reading, these are the two books I finished last week:

Both were awesome! I had a blast reading these two and can't wait for the next one in each series. Very cool. I'm having a great time with the books I'm picking up off the shelf so far in 2008. Last night I started this one. Vampires and Rachel Caine... what's there not to like? Lol.

Anyway, I hope February ends up being a terrific month for all of us!

Yolanda
http://www.yolandasfetsos.com/


Check out the Forbidden Hunt hosted by Anastasia Rabiyah & Brieanna Robertson:

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home