...



Thursday, January 3, 2008

xPost - Hats Off To Dumb Decisions! Wooo!

It's 2008 (geesh, already?) and I'm doing what everybody else does right about New Years - I'm looking back over my life with both great joy and plenty of regrets.

We all have things in life that we wish had gone differently. You know the old saying, "If I'd known then what I know now..." But I'm grateful for the dumb decisions I made in life. Why? Because I learned from the experiences. Every ridiculous choice and goofball decision helped make me into the woman I am today. And one of the most ubber-idiotic choices led to my greatest joy.

What the hell are you talking about, TJ?

MY KIDS! My children were the result of the stupidest decision I could have ever made. I married an immature nutjob at the age of twenty and set about on a career in the software industry. We carefully planned our kids, wanting to have them early so that when we hit forty they'd be older - gah, I can't imagine it any other way now - when I see women who are forty with three year olds? Lord Jesus! No offense to you, but I don't think I could deal with daycare at forty (which I'll be in five months! Woohoo!

Anyway, the experience of marrying a selfish bastard ('scuse me...sort of) so early in life made me into the current female who had taken care of herself and her children since they were ages two and four with no support from that nutjob and no support from family (they're nutjobs, too). Said children are fiercely independent, one in college, the other with a year and half of high school to go, and can now run around with the car and do errands for me while I'm at work - tee hee! My daughter graduated from high school TWO YEARS EARLY and my son will graduate A YEAR EARLY. They're brilliant, self-sufficient, and completely awesome!

With the support of my children, and no one else, I got published in 2006, founded a company in 2007, and we're on the way to fulfilling the next set of dreams. So, the next time this bird lands a relationship, that man will "get got" because he's wanted...and not because he's needed. Make sense?

So hats off to dumb decisions and fabulous kids! Happy New Year!

TJ
www.tjmichaels.com

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennah said...

Here, here! Way to go TJ! That's the most inspirational New Year's post I've seen all week!

January 6, 2008 at 2:15 PM  
Blogger TJ Michaels said...

Hey Jennah,

Thanks, girlfriend! I'm telling you, my kids are so awesome, they keep me sane, woman ;D

TJ

January 7, 2008 at 12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home