...



Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Manage-a-Yum!

Five years ago--or even three--would you have ever guessed that Menage-a-trois stories would be SO popular with romance readers? I can tell you I didn't! But now that I've read some, and written some, I'm soooo glad they are. We're even seeing menage stories coming out of NY houses these days. Menage is everywhere. Menage-a-mania.

The idea of not one but two powerful men lavishing all their attention on a woman...total fantasy, and totally hot.

And then there's m/m/f menage, where the two guys do naughty stuff to each other as well. I can't say why m/m/f stories make me so tingly. They just do. This is why many of my menage books do contain m/m sexual contact (aka "boy sex").

This week, I have a new release at Ellora's Cave. It's a contemporary menage a trois story that touches upon some very serious subject matter. I'm anxious to see how readers and reviewers respond to it. Yes, there's lots of hot threesome sex. But there's also a very sweet and touching love story woven in.

This leads me to my one and only requirement in menage books. There's only one thing I need in a menage. What order the letters appear (m/f/m or m/m/f) doesn't matter. But there must be a deeper emotional connection between the characters. No casual threesomes for this girl.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Double Take
Ellora's Cave

March 5, 2008

Fallon dreamed of a dominant lover for years. Giving it all to a man who can master her sexually. What she never imagined was not one, but two dominant lovers, determined to make her wildest sexual dreams a reality. But perfect lips and to-die-for bodies aside, the identities behind her new Masters’ masks aren’t the only secret they’re keeping.

As Fallon is pulled further into the erotic web they weave, she realizes that being submissive to two dominant men isn’t just about the sensations they can rouse in her, but the emotions they unleash.

The biggest surprise is yet to come, the one that can either set her free to share a love and a life she never dreamed possible, or break her heart forever.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So what about you? Do you read menage a trois? If so, what do you like? What don't you like? And what are your favorite menage books?

Tawny
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Wicked Hot Erotic Fiction

4 Comments:

Blogger TJ Michaels said...

Hey lady,

I'm the same way - while I don't write menage...yet *I'll keep you posted on what's in the works* but I don't do casual sex. I've got to have an awesome plot and commitment or it just doesn't work for moi ;D

TJ
..* ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.*´ .*´¨¨))
((¸¸.*´ ..*´ www.tjmichaels.com -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.*´* www.dynamicthree.com
CARINIAN'S SEEKER, V.C.O.E. Bk 1 ~ CAPA 2007 Nominee
SERATI'S FLAME, V.C.O.E. Bk 2 ~ In Print June 2008
FERAL FASCINATION ~ Now In Print
WILD WINTER ~ Now In Print
HATSEPT HEAT, V.C.O.E. Bk 3, Coming July 2008
JAGUAR'S RULE, Pocket Books Anthology ~ Feb 2009

March 4, 2008 at 11:37 AM  
Blogger angeleque said...

I haven't written a menage a trois story yet.

I have one plotted out and outlined that has been bugging me to write it. It's a f/m/f story though.

And having just wrote my first m/m story. Which I had so much fun writing. I can see why a m/m/f or even a m/m/m menage a trois story would be super hot.

I agree about the casual threesomes too. It has to be some sort of deep connection, reason why, instead of just a casual romp between the sheets.

-Angeleque-

March 4, 2008 at 12:46 PM  
Blogger lrhubble said...

I enjoy menages very much. I agree there has to be a story and connection between the characters. Don't care what order they are in (m/f/m or m/m/f)

I think some great authors are Maya Banks, Lora Leigh and Anya Bast to name a few.

March 4, 2008 at 2:24 PM  
Blogger Tawny Taylor said...

Hi TJ! Thanks for popping in with your thoughts!

And Angeleque, a f/m/f story? That's different. In some of Chey McCray's Wonderland books, there is some f/f stuff, but the main storyline is still hetero m/f. Good luck with that project. Sounds intriguing.Oooh, and m/m/m...I haven't written one of those yet, but Carol Lynne has several with Ellora's.

Hi there Lrwirum, thanks for the suggestions. I've read Lora Leigh. But I haven't tried Maya yet (heard great things about her books). And I didn't realize Anya writes menage. What I've read by her was m/f. I'm going to have to hit EC's site and see what I can find.

March 6, 2008 at 6:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home