...



Thursday, March 27, 2008

Oh my aching back! (xPost)

Yesterday we started our move to Washington...sort of. In my Sunday post I mentioned the madness of trying to move. We're doing a 6 month stint in a new house until we move away for good. While the rental madness all worked out, my back is protestingl. Loudly. We moved so much stuff! Where the hell did it all come from? Now, look, I am the QUEEN of 'throw it away.' I don't do the pack-rat thing and I'm quick to have the Salvation Army come and get anything I haven't worn in a year or two.

So, after having them come take away the desks and livingroom furniture, and tossing out all the stuff (and I mean ALL the stuff that we haven't touched in a while) I'd like to know how we still ended up with a garage full of crap that we don't have room enough to throw away? Anyone? Anyone? I'd give half my right leg to know how this happens.

Oh, I did learn one thing - I know where at least half of my missing socks ended up...behind the dryer! Gack!

So, TJ is living on Advil for the next day or two. And we've still got cleaning to do at the old place. If I weren't looking forward to hitting the coast here soon, I think I'd just sit down in the middle of the floor and blow a gasket! ROFL!

Okay, as for book stuff...I don't have any internet connection the next few days while Comcast gets its $#@%! together and shuffles over to my house to hook it up. So perhaps I'll actually get some writing done on a cute little contemporary I'm working on. We'll see...

TJ

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Ericka Scott said...

I, too, am a pitcher...unfortunately, my husband is a first-class pack rat. I throw thing away on the sly, but we still can't park two cars in our garage. Ack.

March 27, 2008 at 4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home