...



Wednesday, May 14, 2008

More Revision & Reading

Wow, I just made it today. Check out the time. :) I've been super busy. This morning we dropped my daughter off at school, and then did some running around before we got back home to have some lunch. Then the hubby got ready for work, and I got stuck into my current revision project. Phew. We always manage to squeeze in so much. Lol.

That's right, I'm still in Revision City. I've actually got the rest of May booked up with other revisions, and will keep going into June. Though I'm hoping to squeeze in some new-idea-note-taking as well. See, there's no point in doing a whole bunch of first drafts if they're just going to sit there... and I've kinda been doing that lately. But the list is going down now, so that's cool.

This week I'm working on the second draft of the novel I wrote during NaNoWriMo last year. I like to get a little distance from the story, but I think this was too long. Lol. Anyway, I'm working along at a nice pace. Currently sitting on page 183/255. I'd really like to get it done by the end of the week, so I can concentrate on something else next week. We'll see.

And because I've been revising like crazy, I'm also trying to squeeze in some reading. I've read quite a few books during the last month. A nice mix, too. And of course, I've been buying more as well. The book buying never stops. ;)

Anyway, these are the books I've read so far this year:

  • KITTY AND THE SILVER BULLET: Carrie Vaughn
  • IRON KISSED: Patricia Briggs
  • DARKLING: Yasmine Galenorn
  • A RUSH OF WINGS: Adrian Phoenix
  • ONCE BITTEN, TWICE SHY: Jennifer Rardin
  • GLASS HOUSES: Rachel Caine
  • THE DEAD GIRLS' DANCE: Rachel Caine
  • MIDNIGHT ALLEY: Rachel Caine
  • WHAT'S A GHOUL TO DO?: Victoria Laurie
  • FOOL'S GOLD: Ericka Scott
  • TIME TRANSIT: Kay Austin
  • FULL MOON RISING: Keri Arthur
  • BOUNTY HUNTER: Deanna Lee
  • MIDNIGHT REIGN: Chris Marie Green
  • ALL TOGETHER DEAD: Charlaine Harris
  • LADY & THE VAMP: Michelle Rowen
  • GHOST OF A CHANCE: Kate Marsh
  • GRIMSPACE: Ann Aguirre
  • UNDER DARKNESS: Savannah Russe
  • RACING THE MOON: Michele Hauf

And let me say that every single one of the above books was awesome in its own way. I keep saying it, but I've been very lucky with the books I've been reading this year. Lots of excellent writers out there, that's for sure.

This week I'm reading Night Life by Caitlin Kittredge. I'm about halfway through and really enjoying it. Looks like I'll be getting stuck into this series too. :D

Anyway, happy reading!

Yolanda
http://www.yolandasfetsos.com/

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home