...



Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Revisions & The Hunter

Well, I have to say, I'm really enjoying the pace of this week. For some reason, it doesn't seem to be whizzing by like the ones before it. And that's a good thing.

During the last few weeks I've been busy with revisions for several stories. I've managed to get three finished and am working on another one this week. I hope to get the second draft of the 40k BIAM done by Friday. Oh, and I'm also working on edits for an upcoming CP novella. I'm trying to get a bunch of things done during the next few months so I can start the second half of the year with some new projects.

Anyway, gotta get back to it. I hope you all have an awesome week!

Here's an excerpt of The Hunter for you:

It’s just a kiss, a little voice inside her head whispered. You’ve kissed for less reason than this before.

Miki lowered her face away from his a second before their lips touched. She closed her eyes, mourning the loss of what might’ve been. And what could be. After so many denials, Peter would probably walk away forever. She was sure of it.

“Miki, I don’t understand this game you’re playing.” He placed a hand beneath her chin and lifted it to face him. The hurt in his eyes shimmered as the traffic behind them switched on their headlights. Suddenly the noise of peak hour traffic on Parramatta Road pierced into her brain. It helped distract her from the pain that burned deep inside her heart. She hated unintentionally hurting him like this.

“I’m not playing any games, Peter. It’s just…”

“It’s just what?” His voice was no longer soft and comforting, it was demanding. The rigid set of his jaw only emphasized the change in mood. The fingers clutching beneath her chin tightened a little.

She winced, not from pain but from the reminder of the goblin’s hands around her neck. What was she going to do? How could she get out of this sticky situation without jeopardizing everything?

“It’s complicated,” she answered with a release of breath.

“Well, uncomplicate it for me.” His eyes widened in that handsome face of his. “I know you’re holding back for some reason, but I don’t know what. I think you’re scared.”

“Scared?”

“Yes, scared about how you feel when we’re together. Miki, you might be trying to convince yourself that you don’t want to be with me, but I know otherwise.” He paused to sigh, and his warm breath played along her face. “I know you want to be with me as much as I want to be with you.”

All she could do was nod. He’d captured her emotions and fears spot on, without the additional faerie baggage she carried around with her.

Her heart beat fast, but she felt calm and relaxed. He’d managed to soothe away all the distress the goblin stirred inside her. And although Adolf was still a problem she’d have to deal with sooner rather than later, Miki felt that now might be time to deal with the “Peter problem”.

“Come home with me, Miki.”

“I don’t think that’s a good—”

He shrugged. “So don’t think about it. Just say you’ll come home with me so we can sort things out. You’ve been stringing me along for too long. And there’s only so much a man in love can take before he reaches breaking point.” Peter pushed his chest closer against hers and whispered, “If I don’t have you soon, I don’t know what’s going to happen to me.”

Miki shivered at the words. In that one admission he’d spilled just how much he lusted for her as well as…loved her? He’d said a man in love. Was that just a figure of speech amongst the humans? She didn’t know, had never hung out with human men or women long enough to know nitty-gritty things like that. She knew many of their customs and way of life because she’d become almost obsessed with this civilization, but she’d never ventured this close to one. What would he do or say after he found out she wasn’t human?

Yolanda
http://www.yolandasfetsos.com/

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home