...



Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Yesterday I was naughty.

No, I didn’t do anything illegal. Or immoral…what kind of girl do you think I am? LOL

So, what did I do? I played. With Photoshop. *g*

In late June, I have an ebook releasing with Changeling Press called Savage Garden: Flesh to Flesh. As much as I respect the cover artists at Changeling Press I wanted something very different for this first book in the series. I wanted to create a brand, something that has only been done with one series at Changeling. And I wanted that brand to stand out from other Changeling Press offerings.

Sahara creates masterpieces like this (which I could never do).This is the next book in my Passion Unbound series, WANTON NIGHTS, releasing this Friday. Here’s a blurb:

If you could be kidnapped by any man, who would it be?

Kaitlin Doyle had devoured many a steamy romance novel -- bondage stories, ménage stories, stories about vampires and warriors and werewolves. But her all-time favorite was Her Dark Knights. The heroes, Cayne and Ronan, were fallen angels. Demons! Who would have ever thought that she’d find evil beings so freaking sexy? Or that she’d fantasize about being possessed by two darkly seductive Masters? But still, that was just fantasy. Her naughty little secret. It could never happen in real life.

Then again, maybe it could…

One minute she’s sleeping in her bed, the next she’s dragged into the world of her favorite author’s imagination. And those sinfully gorgeous fallen angels are about to make her darkest fantasies reality. She’d never dreamed it was possible, that she could surrender to her secret desires.

Ohhhh, the wanton pleasure…

I respect every tedious minute that she’s put into the covers she’s done for me. One of them (Obsidian Mirror) won an award.

But for Savage Garden, I wanted a softer look, muted colors, lush images. This is what I came up with. What does this say to you? (BTW, please just ignore the big white X in the middle. This is a mock-up, not an actual cover)

Now, here’s the blurb. Did I hit the right notes? What do you think? I'd love to hear your thoughts!


In a savage garden dwells a dark magic...

In a matter of minutes, Dr. Noble Cavanaugh’s life is ruined. A stupid mistake costs an innocent woman her life and leaves her child an orphan. As she dies, she calls upon a powerful mage, demanding justice for Noble’s crime.

There is no police. No trial. No jury. Only the worst kind of punishment for the former doctor--total isolation. From all human contact. From the world. From light and sound and touch. From life.

But once every year Noble is freed from his prison, and he spends three bittersweet days with his devoted partner and lover, Sayer Lyon. They touch. Laugh. And weep. And then at sundown, he returns to his prison to wait another year, for the fall equinox.

This is how it’s been for five years, and this is how it will be for many more. At least, that’s what Noble and Sayer both think.

This year things will be different.

In a savage garden lies a man’s only hope for redemption.


Tawny
*~*~*~*~*~*~*
DARK MASTER, a Recommended Read (Dark Angel Reviews)
Wicked-Hot Erotic Fiction
www.tawnytaylor.com

2 Comments:

Blogger Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Wow, Tawny! I think it's lovely. It should be more than a mock cover, I reckon. :)

May 21, 2008 at 3:28 AM  
Blogger Tawny Taylor said...

Thanks Yolanda! It's not perfect, but I'd love it if they'd use most of it.

May 27, 2008 at 7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home