...



Saturday, June 21, 2008

Dark and Twisted Television


Superheroes at the box office got me to thinking about the paranormal on the small screen.

With the cancellation of Blood Ties and Moonlight, the paranormal is dwindling on the boob tube. (does anyone else still call it that or am I just making myself seem old? lol)

I can't tell you how much I still mourn the loss of Buffy and Angel.

Buffy and Angel

(and yes Joss Whedon is my Master) I was so obsessed with those shows that a friend of mine and I used to call each other every commercial to discuss what just happened. Geeks we were. But seriously was there every anything much better than David Boreanaz getting all Grrr or James Marsters admitting to being Love's Bitch? sighs.

So what's left?

Supernatural...

supernatural

I will confess that I didn't start watching this one until recently so I have been renting the series discs and slowly catching up. (Gotta love netflix) I don't know why I didn't think I would like it but it is turning out better than I thought it would. The classic car and classic rock really get me. Oh yeah and the two cute guys. *g*

Ghost Whisperer...I'm not feeling it. Too bad really since we have so little choices.

Heroes...Are they ever coming back?

Reaper...

Photobucket

OMG have you seen this one yet? I amuse easily so yeah I think this one is a lot of fun to watch.

What other paranormal shows are you watching that I am missing? I don't have much TV time so I tend to find things after they have been on a while.

But there are some new ones a coming.

Joss Whedon's Dollhouse. WOOHOO!



HBO's True Blood - thank you Charlaine Harris.



Can't wait to see what everyone has to say about their favorite paranornal TV shows.

Have a good one,

Eliza

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger skirbo said...

How very coincidental of you to post about Buffy/Angel today. I just finished a really long blog post on Buffy at FanLib.com. I still need to do Angel. http://nohiatus.fanlib.com/archives/634 It's really long, an overview of the series. You might like it anyway as I tried to make it generally amusing. I don't write much fan fiction, though I do have a WIP there if you are interested in reading it. Just click on my user name (skirbo) on the blog.

I'll be honest and say that the way Buffy ended killed me for watching television. I was so involved with and so geeky over the characters, I never really recovered from the end of season six.

The end result of my disappointment has been the lack of desire to get involved in any other tv series since that time. I'm weird, I know.

Sarah

June 21, 2008 at 12:10 PM  
Blogger Yolanda Sfetsos said...

First of all, thanks for sharing the Sookie trailer. I couldn't wait to see what it all looked like. So far, it's matching what I imagined. :) I'm a HUGE Sookie fan, so I can't wait to watch this.

I'm also a Buffy and Angel fan, and still miss it. I can't believe they took away Moonlight, and haven't seen Reaper. We didn't get it here yet.

Oh, and I'm with you on Ghost Whisperer. I gave it a go, but couldn't handle the whole crying-hysterically every single episode. But I LOVE Supernatural. I can't wait to see what they'll do next.

They need to give us more paranormal stuff on TV, that's for sure. :D

June 21, 2008 at 5:38 PM  
Blogger Cynthia Eden said...

I used to love watching Charmed--and, of course, The X-Files. But, you're right, there just aren't many paranormal shows on anymore.
Medium is my current favorite--and I'm sure hoping it says on the air!

June 22, 2008 at 5:59 PM  
Blogger Ericka Scott said...

I loved Pushing Daisies...but don't know what happened to that. Did the writer's strike kill it? Sigh

June 23, 2008 at 1:48 PM  
Blogger Eliza Gayle said...

very cool post skirbo.

Yolanda, now I feel like I really need to catch up on Supernatural. lol

Cynthia, I watched Charmed too. and don't even get me started on the X-Files. lol I saw the preview for the new X-Files movie at the theater today. I can't wait.

Ericka, I didn't try Pushing Daisies but it sure seems the writers strike killed a lot of shows this year.

June 28, 2008 at 2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home