...



Monday, June 16, 2008

It's A Paranormal World

Hi, everyone! I’m Cynthia Eden, and this is my very first post here at Divas of the Dark. (And it’s sure nice to be here!)

I figured I should begin by telling you a bit about myself. Right now, I’m busy writing sexy (well, I hope they are sexy!) paranormal suspense novels for Kensington Brava. My first single-title, HOTTER AFTER MIDNIGHT hit store shelves in May.

HOTTER AFTER MIDNIGHT tells the story of a psychologist who only treats paranormal patients and the wolf-shifter detective who steals her heart. Of course, they are tracking a serial killer during the whole heart-stealing process…

I’ve also written books for Avon Red, Red Sage, and ImaJinn Books. No matter which publisher I’m contracted with, I notice that one thing always seems to happen to me—paranormal elements creep into my stories.

What can I say? I just love the paranormal. Always have. Growing up, I was a vampire addict. Couldn’t read enough vampire books, couldn’t see enough vampire movies.

These days, I tend to lean a bit more toward the shifters, but I do still have a soft spot for vampires.

I’ve often wondered why I enjoy the supernatural so much—and I think it comes down to the fact that I want to believe (I’m so like Mulder!) there is more to this world than just meets the eye. I love the idea that there could be secrets and mysteries churning beneath the surface of our lives. The notion of a paranormal world—it’s exciting to me.

But what about you? Why do you enjoy paranormal stories?

Have a great week!

Cynthia Eden
www.cynthiaeden.com
HOTTER AFTER MIDNIGHT--Available now from Kensington Brava
WHEN HE WAS BAD--Available now from Kensington Brava
Believe in monsters. They believe in you.

9 Comments:

Blogger Shari C said...

I love to read paranormal stories. I enjoy reading about unique characters and fantastic places and worlds where my imagination can run wild. The unknown is always so exciting and interesting to explore and definitely holds my attention.
When 'Hotter After Midnight' came out, I certainly purchased my copy, but am sadly a little behind in my TBR stack. Looking forward to catching up this summer
when it is hot and I am relaxing outside with my cool drink in one hand and a terrific book in the other. Sounds perfect to me!

June 16, 2008 at 8:43 AM  
Blogger Rebekah E. said...

Hotter after midnight sounds like a great book. I love the paranomal stories and love murder mysteries. It sounds like you put both into this book. I'm going have go and get myself a copy. I love horror movies and anything a little different and that is definitely the paranormal.

June 16, 2008 at 9:58 AM  
Blogger Cynthia Eden said...

Hi, Shari! You've just described my dream summer day. :-) And, please do let me know what you think of Hotter After Midnight when you do get a nice day to relax and read!

June 16, 2008 at 2:29 PM  
Blogger Cynthia Eden said...

Thanks, Rebekah! Oh, I am a huge horror fan, too. Pretty much anything that involves the supernatural, well, I'll all for it.

June 16, 2008 at 2:30 PM  
Blogger Natasha Moore said...

I loved Hotter After Midnight, Cynthia! Like the best paranormal stories, it has one of a kind characters, and interesting situations that you just can't find in a simple contemporary.

June 16, 2008 at 6:47 PM  
Blogger Cynthia Eden said...

Hi, Natasha! Thank you! I'm so glad you enjoyed my story! :-)

June 16, 2008 at 9:30 PM  
Blogger Edie Ramer said...

I loved Hotter After Midnight too! My wip is mainstream, but I have a paranormal element in it. That's the most fun part to write. Things happen with this paranormal element that surprise me as I write them. It keeps me fresh.

June 17, 2008 at 6:04 AM  
Blogger Cynthia Eden said...

Hi, Edie! Thank you!! :-) And don't you just love surprises when they pop up in the stories you're writing?

June 17, 2008 at 7:20 PM  
Blogger Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Hi Cynthia! I love paranormal stories too and can't seem to write anything without something strange popping in.

Your book sounds great, btw. :)

June 18, 2008 at 1:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home