...



Friday, June 13, 2008

Paraskavedekatriaphobia anyone?

Paraskavedekatriaphobia - according to Wikipedia anyway, is fear of Friday the 13th. I've known people who were incredibly superstitious. One woman I worked with would not even drive her car on Friday the 13th for fear of getting into an accident!

Our family must be a little on the strange side (okay, I know we are and I'm sure there's a slew of us out there), but we embrace Friday the 13th. I suspect it's our way of whistling in the dark - but we go out of our way to befriend black cats, walk under ladders, and step on cracks in the sidewalk.

And as soon as it gets dark tonight, we'll fire up the DVD and watch a scary movie. Tonight, we'll either be Returning to the House on Haunted Hill or if we decide to not leave the house, we'll be regretting that One Missed Call.

So, what do you do on Friday the 13th? Hide out at home or tackle the zombies on the front lawn?

3 Comments:

Blogger Emma Petersen said...

but we go out of our way to befriend black cats

I love black cats and I befriend them on a daily basis. Hehe. Does it count if they live with me? It's odd but quite a few of my neighbors have black cats. :D

June 13, 2008 at 4:36 PM  
Blogger Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Hey Ericka! Wow, that's quite the mouthful, isn't it?

You know, I didn't realise it was Friday the 13th until I got on to do some Wii Fit. :/ Lol.

Anyway. I've always been a fan of Ft13th. I used to love watching the movies when the day came. :) So, yep, you'll catch me out there tackling those zombies. ;)

PS. And I love cats, no matter what colour.

June 13, 2008 at 5:33 PM  
Blogger Cynthia Eden said...

Ah, Friday the 13th! I searched, but couldn't find a Jason flick to watch tonight. Very disappointed!

June 13, 2008 at 9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home