...



Thursday, June 19, 2008

Sold!

I'm totally dancing on air right now (look out below!) - remember the contemporary older woman/younger man story I told you about? It was my first contemporary and I was feeling a bit insecure about it. It's the first time I've written a book without the paranormal element and boy did it feel weird not to have vamps, shifters, weres and spirit guides running around trying to take over the story.

I submitted said story to both my pubs. One didn't like it at all, the other loved it! So with a few tweaks to the plot, a bit more suspense and some (u-hem) grammar correction, I can now announce that the book, CARAMEL KISSES, has been sold to Ellora's Cave! YAY!!!!

Contracts are in the mail and I'll be putting a blurb and excerpt up on my website soon on the Sneak Peek page.

Oh goodness, I almost forgot to tell you what the story is about - it's the story of a woman named Sydni Cannes. She's an executive, high rolling, six-figure babe who's worked her butt off not only to make it in life, but to put her younger sister through school. Well, Syd has had less than stellar luck in the 'guy' department and has simply buried herself in work and responsibilities instead. She isn't a man hater, but simply doesn't want to deal with Mr. Right, Mr. Right Now or Mr. Warm Pulse. A life without the drama is simply fine with her. Well, that and her trusty B.O.B.

Thankfully her younger sister knows Syd is missing out on enjoying the companionship she deserves. So what does she do? She talks her Syd into letting her hair down for a night. The result? Sydni lands in jail! Low and behold, her knight in shining armor come to bail her out is none other than a co-worker she's been avoiding like the plague. Yes, Drew has come to save her from the humiliation of the county clink. Gorgeous as all get out, the man is too charismatic by half, too damned good looking, several shades too light and...eight years her junior! All wrong! Hell, if Sydni didn't know better, she'd think it was all planned from the beginning...

Stay tuned... *tj giggling like a kid in a candy shop with a million dollars to spare!*

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Eliza Gayle said...

Ooooh congratulations. I can sympathize with the contemporary issue. I have a few and I really like them but they seem harder than my paranormals. Funny things is though that people tell me they really like them. So HUGE congrats and I can't wait to check it out.

E

June 21, 2008 at 9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home