...



Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Superheroes & More Superheroes

Okay, what is a superhero? According to Wikipedia, superheroes 'are fictional heroes who possess abilities beyond those of normal human beings.'

You know, I really like the sounds of that. It really does seem to group characters with paranormal abilities too, right? So, I guess it's no surprise that I enjoy watching superhero movies, then. I loved the Spider-Man movies, The Fantastic Four movies, The Punisher, and Daredevil.

Last night, we went to watch The Incredible Hulk. You know, I thought it was a little too soon after the other Hulk movie, but now that the hint of the Avengers has been established, I really got interested. Of course, Edward Norton was enough to get my interest too. He's an awesome actor. And he didn't disappoint. I gotta say, in the end, I LOVED the movie. I left the movie theater feeling all excited and glad that we decided to watch it. It's obviously going to lead us somewhere else. And I can't wait!

Actually, I got into the same happy, excited, geeky mood I did after watching Iron Man.

Awesome!

That reminds me, Iron Man also had an awesome actor cast as the superhero. He really did make the story that much better. You know, several times I even forgot these guys weren't even real - the green monster and the red metal guy, that is. :D Lol.

Anyway, now that the Avengers look as if they'll hit the screens sometime in the future, I'm absolutely hanging for a THOR movie. I have to admit that Thor is one of my fave superheroes. I mean, what's there not to like about him? ;) I've been fascinated with the Norse god for a while now, so the superhero is just an extension of that.

All this superhero talk gets my muse itching to write one, too. Actually, I've already got a heroine inside my mind, and even her hero... I just need to sit down and brainstorm a whole lot more. If only we had more hours in the day.

Last week I finished reading this book and am looking forward to this one as well. There are a lot of superhero things going on at the moment. Yay!

Anyway, the next movie I'm looking forward to watching is The Dark Knight. Oh, and for a superhero movie that's a little different, I can't wait to see Hancock. What about you? Are you enjoying these superhero movies? And which other one would you like to see made into a movie?

Yolanda
http://www.yolandasfetsos.com/

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Cynthia Eden said...

I'm definitely loving the superhero movies, too! Saw the new Hulk this weekend and enjoyed it (though I liked Ironman more!). As for which ones I'm anticipating...does the upcoming Hellboy 2 count as a superhero flick?

June 18, 2008 at 2:09 PM  
Blogger Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Hi Cynthia! Oh yeah, of course, HELLBOY definitely counts. ;) I love Hellboy and can't wait to see the next one. Have you seen the animated ones yet? They're really cool. :D

June 18, 2008 at 7:07 PM  
Blogger Mari said...

We went to see TIH this past weekend and yeah, I loved it too. Edward Norton is fine...great actor and sooooo hot. I wish he COULD get very excited. Yum!

June 19, 2008 at 5:47 AM  
Blogger Eliza Gayle said...

OMG I so can't wait for Hellboy and Dark Knight.

Robert Downey Jr. really made Ironman for me. I wasn't sure about the whole Ironman thing but i knew going in how much of a genius Robert is and yep it rocked!

E

June 21, 2008 at 9:30 AM  
Blogger Yolanda Sfetsos said...

I totally agree, Eliza! :) Robert Downey Jr. was brilliant. As was Edward Norton. They just need to keep putting awesome actors in the leads of superhero movies.

:)

June 21, 2008 at 5:31 PM  
Blogger Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Hi Marianne! Lol. :D

June 21, 2008 at 5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home