...



Saturday, June 28, 2008

WANTED



Have you seen it yet? I saw it this morning and I REALLY liked it. I'm a huge action movie fan and this one did not disappoint me.

I love the movies and i'm one of those people who is happy to suspend my belief for the fun of it. Cause come on...You cannot curve a bullet.

The craziest line in the movie belonged to Morgan Freeman and I would love to put it here but i'll save the good spoilers for when the movie has been out longer. lol

And like Angelina Jolie or not she really does make a great action star. The guy sitting next to me REALLY liked Ms. Jolie and my husband and I had a good laugh after the movie about his reaction to her naked backside. Very fun.

Photobucket

And as usual every time I see another action/adventure type movie it reminds me how much I love that genre and want to write more of it.

My problem or question I guess about that is this. Why is it okay or even expected that in the movies they get to take all kinds of creative license with reality (see the above comment about curving the bullet) yet when my books get edited I get my hand slapped for writing anything unrealistic unless its attached to a paranormal element or sex. i.e. why cant my hero carry his gun tucked into the waist of his pants at the small of his back? its cool. its convenient if not practical. lol

Despite the level of realism I will continue to write action and adventure into my books. I like fast cars and sexy motorcyles, handguns and knives, hand to hand combat and lots and lots of explosions. So much fun. hehehehe

If you like a fun action flick go see Wanted. The last line of the movie (spoiler but not a big deal out of context)says it all.


WHAT HAVE YOU DONE LATELY?

Have a great weekend.

Eliza

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Hey Eliza. I haven't seen this one, and probably won't until it comes out on DVD. The hubby and I aren't really Jolie fans.

July 2, 2008 at 3:12 AM  
Blogger Eliza Gayle said...

i hear ya. not a big fan of her personally but for some reason she works for me as an action star. go figure. lol

Went and saw Hancock yesterday. Pretty good. I liked Wanted better it had better pacing and a better background explanation.

My DH and I seem to be on a movie going spree. Thats what happens when the kids go to grandma's house for a month. lol

July 4, 2008 at 5:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home