...



Saturday, June 28, 2008

What makes a Dark Romance?

I have three books out now and still don't know what it is. Do I write it? Am I even close?


Honestly I don't think so. My books although a good story I think they lack the sense of hopelessness you find in many darker romances. I can't seem to get rid of every chance of hope. It's just not possible. For me to write a romance I need that hope, that one glimmer of what could be, what should be, what will be. I need it and I think my readers need it.


Does that mean that my romances are just fluffly bits of entertainment. I don't think so. Even romances that appear fluffy can still carry a dark element. Something to catch your heart and send it on a mad dash. I think every romance has a dark element. It has to in order to make the happily ever after truly worth it.


So I am asking readers what do you like a bit of dark or a lot of dark. I think you know my answer to this question. And also please let me know who your favorite dark author is.


Right now my favorite is Gena Showalter with her Dark Series. It is a bit dark but the payoff is so worth it I can't seem not to buy these books!




Leila Brown



~Addictive Erotic Romance You Can't Resist~

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home