...



Thursday, July 10, 2008

Dating Sites (xPost)

I'm just curious how many people have tried a dating site. I know I've talked to at least two or three personal friends who met their husbands through Match.com. I'd love to know what the experience was like for anyone who's tried dating this way.

I checked into eHarmony but, uh, they rejected me. Can you believe they actually said that I'm too nice and so balanced that people tend to think I'm too good to be true, so they couldn't possibly match a person like me. Now is that ri-damned-diculous or what? LOL!

I'm actually considering a service called "It's Just Lunch" because frankly I haven't dated in so long I don't even know where to go to meet a quality person, let alone find a date. Gah, I had no idea how expensive it could be to get someone to match you up to have coffee with a person! And even though I'm not looking for a husband (dinner and a movie suits me just fine, thank you) do I really want to pay to be set up? On the other hand, if I want to meet someone that I don't mind actually being in the same room with, perhaps paying is the way to go?

What do you think? By the way, here's some facts from the It's Just Lunch website. Some of 'em are interesting. Take number 6 for example. It this is true, they sure don't seem to be in Colorado!:

1) 11: The number of single friends the average 27 year old has.

2) 76% of Men: Prefer brunettes over blondes.

3) Wednesday: The best day for a first date according to 41% of singles.

4) One Hour: The time it takes for a woman to determine whether or not she wants to see a man again.

5) 15 Minutes: The time it takes for a man to determine whether or not he wants to see a woman again.

6) 110 Million: The number of single adults in the United States.

7) 43% of Singles: Have Googled someone on the internet before their date.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting facts, but actually I think men take less than 10 minutes to determine whether they want to see a woman again or not!

BTW I don't have anything against a woman who looks too good to be truth ;)

July 11, 2008 at 6:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't have to pay others to meet potential dates - just wear your SHI Symbol - if you havent seen it find out about it and use it to the max - makes it easy to spot who is single and interested in friendship for both parties. It works too that's the good thing -takes the guessing out of things.

July 11, 2008 at 6:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have few ladies on my job who have found success on the dating sites...match.com.

I also know someone who tried "its just lunch" she didn't find her match but she did meet some pretty nice people.

I also know a few people who meet people through personal adds in our local newspaper...those turned out well for them also.

I've been toying with joining a site as well.

July 13, 2008 at 11:27 AM  
Blogger Yolanda Sfetsos said...

They seriously rejected you for that reason? OMG. And wow, fascinating facts. :)

July 16, 2008 at 5:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home