...



Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I am art...and a free workshop


For those who've never met me or read my bio, I'm pretty much your typical suburban wife and mother. I usually spend my weekends cleaning the house, grocery shopping, running errands. But this weekend's "errand" was not typical.

I went to a tattoo shop and became walking, talking art.

And while I was there, several other customers arrived. The vast majority of them were just like me--suburbanites in their late 30's or early 40's. Women. Many of them getting their first tattoos.

It seems tattoos have become quite the popular accessory for the 30 and 40-something crowd.

I find that very interesting, and I wonder if it's just a local thing or more widespread. Do you have a tattoo? Have you noticed more people with tattoos? Are they more acceptable or mainstream? Do you think media has anything to do with it? We see so many television and movie stars with tattoos. There are reality shows about tattoo shops...

Anyway, enough about that.

I also wanted to forward some information about a free writing workshop for anyone who might be interested:



Am I hot or not? Erotic Romance VS. Erotica. Q&A with Liquid Silver Acquiring Editor, Tina Burns.

All day July 12th at Romance Divas

Featuring:
Tina Burns

How do you know if you’ve crossed into the Erotica zone? Get a professional’s opinion. It will take place at the Romance Diva Forum. All are welcome. To get access to the forum you will need to register. The workshop will be in the “Steamy” section of the forum which requires permission from the admin. Details are HERE.

3 Comments:

Blogger skirbo said...

Thanks for the workshop info. Your ink is GORGEOUS. I have a tattoo of Snoopy at his typewriter on the inside of my left ankle that I got late 2007. I do plan on more, money and inspiration permitting.

I just got a tongue piercing, too, since I see your belly ring there in the pic. I also plan on a few more hidden piercings-bravery level permitting- (though no flat belly for me, alas) since I work with the public. I'll leave them to your imagination.

Sarah

July 8, 2008 at 8:27 AM  
Blogger Eliza Gayle said...

That is some beautiful art. I have a couple of tattoos which I have actually had since my early twenties. Although one was covered a few years ago. When the kids kept asking me why I had a pig on my back (actually a cartoon devil) I decided to get it covered with a large butterfly. It's a great cover job, you would never know the old one is even there.

I want one on the top of my foot so bad but have decided to wait until I sell to NY. That will be my present to myself. *g*

E

July 8, 2008 at 8:19 PM  
Blogger Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Wow, you are wearing a piece of art. Very nice!

And to answer your question, yep, tattoos certainly seem to be going mainstream. Almost everyone's got one. You see so many people with them nowadays.

Personally, I don't have any. :)

July 9, 2008 at 5:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home