...



Friday, August 1, 2008

Today's the Day

If Fate hadn't thrown me a curve ball, I'd have been volunteering at the registration desk, pitching to an agent AND a publisher, and having a gay old time at the RWA national convention. Instead, I'll be sitting in a cold waiting room as my daughter has her angiogram.

For the first couple of days, I was really upset that I had to make the decision between my family and myself. Yeah, it was hands down my family but it was soooooo UNFAIR. However, there's always the convention next year and this procedure (and the surgery that will probably follow) will ensure that my daughter HAS a next year (and hopefully many, many more years to come).

In my novels, the heroes and heroines are often thrown into situations that are unfair to them, but they bite the bullet and do the right thing. They stand by their loved ones at great personal sacrifice and do much bigger things than just give up a weekend hob-nobbing with other authors and drinking fuzzy navels with La Nora.


For instance, in my upcoming release, The Werewolf Whisperer, coming from Phaze, this Monday (August 3rd) - Serena leaves the comfort of her life to help search for her brother in the desert surrounding his house near Eclipse, California, where the residents all share one really big secret. She's gonna have to face her fears and realize that not all dogs can be trained...especially when you fall in love with the biggest dog of them all...a werewolf.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hugs Ericka. You, your family and your lil'un are in my thoughts and prayers.

And like you said, there will other conferences. Have you ever thought of going to ECWC in Seattle?

August 1, 2008 at 8:08 PM  
Blogger Eliza Gayle said...

Wishing you and your family all the best.

Congrats on the new release at Phaze. I love that cover!

E

August 2, 2008 at 4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home