...



Monday, July 7, 2008

Trip down Sunnydale Lane

So the past couple of days I've had some extra time on my hands and what did I choose to do with this free time?

I watched the third season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, of course. I haven't written much paranormal lately, though I do have a couple planned, so I feel a little more comfortable watching. I didn't before before I didn't want anyone else's world building to influence me.

Don't get me wrong, I've always been a BTVS fan. From the very beginning, almost to the end. And like many out there I'm a big Joss Whedon fan too.

I have many favorite episodes but I discovered another fav. And that just might be because of my own personal evolution.

Does anyone remember where the Scooby gang knows Faith is on the edge and about to topple over and Xander goes to talk to her?

Remember the scene when Angel is trying to stage and intervention?


Faith: Finally decided to tie me up, huh?
I always knew you weren't really a one slayer guy.

Angel: Sorry about the chains. It's not that I don't trust you. Actually, it is that I don't trust you.

Faith: That thing with Xander, I know what it looked like, but we were just playing.

Angel: And he forgot the safety word? Is that it?

Faith: Safety words are for wusses.

Angel: I bet you're not big on trust games, now are you Faith?

Faith: You gonna shrink me now? Is that it?

Angel: No, I just wanna talk to you.

Faith: That's what they all say. Then it's just let me stay the night. Won't try anything.

Angel: You wanna go the long way around? Hey, I can do that. I'm not getting any older.

So what's your favorite episode and why?

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger skirbo said...

I'm a huge Buffy fan. It's impossible for me to pick a single favorite episode. I like the humorous episodes a lot more than I do the angsty ones, generally, but I could list a whole page of favorites and reasons I like them.

It's easier to be tacky and plug my blog about the series:
http://nohiatus.fanlib.com/archives/634

Sarah

July 7, 2008 at 12:48 PM  
Blogger Cynthia Eden said...

Oh, Emma--I've been watching my Buffy DVD's lately, too!!! I'm on Season Six--"Smashed"--when Spike finds out that Buffy came back a bit...wrong. Damn but that show inspires me!

July 7, 2008 at 1:40 PM  
Blogger Yolanda Sfetsos said...

I LOVE Buffy. Every episode had something memorable... but one of my most favourites is HUSH. I loved that one!

Very creepy. :D

July 8, 2008 at 12:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@Skirbo- I think I like a combo of angst and funny. :D I think one of my favorite funny ones is when Dracula turns Xander into his Renfield. :D

@Cynthia- I haven't seen Smashed. I've taken like two days off to do absolutely nothing so I think I'm gonna watch a couple more episodes.

@Yolanda- Hush was awesome. I think I'll put it on my list to watch too.

July 10, 2008 at 8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home