...



Friday, August 15, 2008

Real Life versus Fiction

It's been a tough week and it looks like it's going to get even more harried.

My two oldest children went back to school this week. My daughter started high school and one of my sons started kindergarten. Big and stressful steps for both of them. But, I want to know whose bright idea it was to have preschool start 3 weeks later! I have a four-year old pinging off the walls. All morning he can't wait until his big bro' comes home, then when he does, they fight. Grrr.

Plus, he's determined that MOMMY is supposed to be the replacement playmate. I'm trying, I really am. But I had forgotten how tough it is to be an only child (and I was one for, well, all my life! LOL), especially when you aren't used to it.

Then, my daughter had her final neurosurgeon consult. This is where they outlined the entire surgical procedure. It scared the socks off all of us, but we don't have a choice. A fixed aneurysm can't burst, and a burst aneurysm (especially one the size and location of my daughter's) would be fatal. So, looks like we're shooting for August 25th for surgery (assuming the health insurance referrals get submitted and approved in time). The time following the surgery is going to be an upheaval as well, as the hospital is at UCLA and we live 2 hours away. She will probably spend at least a week, possibly two, there. So, I'm lobbying for a hotel room and I think I've finally got hubby convinced that it's the way to go.

I'm up to my neck in edits, trying to write a spooky tryst, and trying not to stress about the surgery. Good luck to me! I'd love to just loose myself in the world's I create. They are so much easire than "real life". Heck, this upcoming surgery is scarier than a haunted house full of things that go bump. Believe me, at times like this, I'd take fiction over life every time. My heroines may go through hell, but I'm always guaranteed a happily ever after.

Too bad life isn't as predictable~

Ericka Scott
www.erickascott.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Hey Ericka! You poor thing. I hope things slow down for you soon. There's definitely too much going on in your life. :/

I also hope that everything goes well during your daughter's surgery. I'll be thinking of her, and will also be sending positive vibes her way. She sounds very brave, and so do you.

Good luck, and if you need anyone to speak to, you know where I am. :)

August 15, 2008 at 5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home