...



Friday, August 22, 2008

Summer's Winding Down

The kids went back to school two weeks ago. Two of my crew went...leaving me with the 4-year old. I'm not sure who is more anxious for preschool to start, him or me! I will admit that it's much easier to run errands with just one little one. The two boys are only 11 months apart, so they feed off each other on who can be the most mischievous.

On a bright point, I ran a few errands the other day (with just one little boy in tow) and we stopped by one of my favorite stores. Michaels. They had a huge display of Halloween things right in the middle of the aisle. Needless to say, Halloween is one of my favorite times of the year. So, my little one and I had a blast setting off all the decorations - laughing tombstones, falling skulls, and this incredible floating woman.

That's when it hit me...the summer is finally winding down. Living in the high desert of California, the summer seems to last from March to October some years. We actually had a spring this year and I'm hoping we'll get some chilly weather in time for Halloween.

I can hardly wait to set up the cemetery in the front yard (complete now with a laughing tombstone) and in a few weeks we'll be shopping for Halloween costumes for the boys. I'm hoping for little skeletons or ghouls, but I have an inkling spiderman costumes are more to their taste. Sigh.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cynthia Eden said...

Okay, now I'm going to have to go to Michael's with my son (he's 2 1/2) because I love playing with their decorations, too! :-)

August 23, 2008 at 8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home