...



Monday, August 25, 2008

Tomorrow is Release Day!

I'm always both excited and horribly nervous when one of my books releases. Tomorrow, EVERLASTING BAD BOYS will hit store shelves. So, yep, that means I'll spend the day alternating between the feelings of woo-hoo excitement and Oh-My-God nervousness. Such is the way of my world. :-)



But, since the release is so very close, I thought I'd talk a bit about the characters in "Spellbound'--my novella in EVERLASTING BAD BOYS.

The heroine of my story is Serena Tyme, a witch. And my hero, Luis D'Amil--well, he's the boogeyman. (Okay, technically I call him a soul hunter, but really, he's the boogeyman all of the Other fear.) I loved writing about these two characters. Both are strong paranormals with special powers. Although my hero's powers do tend to be very, very dark...

When I created the character of Luis, I knew that because of who I wanted him to be (the being that all the paranormals in my "world" feared), I would have to give him an unusual assortment of talents. So, I created the soul hunter myth. In my tale, a soul hunter is born from the mating of a witch and a demon--and there is no being more powerful. But, Luis does have a weakness...and her name is Serena.

Thanks for letting me talk about my characters. Hope you have a wonderful Monday!

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Zoe Winters said...

I can't wait to read this Cindy. Congrats on release day!

August 25, 2008 at 7:35 AM  
Blogger Edie Ramer said...

Cindy, congratulations on your release. I know everyone is going to love your story.

August 25, 2008 at 8:16 AM  
Blogger Cynthia Eden said...

Thanks, Zoe and Edie!!

August 25, 2008 at 9:59 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Cindy, you have no need to be nervousness! I looking forward to getting this book, as I am sure numerous others are.

August 25, 2008 at 1:49 PM  
Blogger Cynthia Eden said...

Oh, Susan, thank you so much! I hope you enjoy the anthology!

August 25, 2008 at 2:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats on the new release!

August 25, 2008 at 4:48 PM  
Blogger Cynthia Eden said...

Hi, Amy! Thank you!

August 25, 2008 at 7:47 PM  
Blogger Caffey said...

Keep believing in you Cynthia! From those I read of yours, HOTTER AFTER MIDNIGHT and WICKED WAYS, your books rock! So unique, I wished I could find another word for it, but your books are like no others I read. I dove into reading them and the excitement is a great feeling. So keep doing what you doing and know that I'm all excited on this side!

August 26, 2008 at 11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home