...



Wednesday, August 20, 2008

TWILIGHT

Well, last night I finished reading TWILIGHT. I know, I'm a little behind. The rest of the world read this wonderful book years ago, but it doesn't matter to me. I believe this book was more than just a reading, it was an experience.

I read good books - no, great books - all the time, but for some reason, some hit you harder than others. This book, was one of those. It's happened to me plenty of times, this is just the latest.

Last week, I watched the upcoming Twilight movie trailer with my hubby. Then I found out that the last one in the series was being released. This is when I decided that it was time to give the book a go. I have no idea why I didn't read it sooner. It's just one of those things. I've done it with the Harry Potter series, the Stephanie Plum series, and even Sookie Stackhouse. I jump on the wagon a little late and then go nuts to get my hands on all of the available books in the series.

When we got this book last Friday, my husband mentioned that I should just buy all of them. He knew I would love it, so what was the point of waiting? I stuck to my guns and just got the first one. Monday night, I decided to read just the first chapter, as a reward for finishing the re-write I was working on. By Tuesday, I sat on the couch and spent most of the day (and night) reading. Yesterday was just about the same. I couldn't put it down. I had to know what was going to happen next to Bella and Edward, as well as everyone else who was affected.

Wow. *taking a deep breath* It was fantastic! Not just the way it's written and what happens in this story, there's another factor. There's something special about Twilight. :D The vulnerability, the subject matter, the love between these two characters... maybe it's just because there are vampires in the story. I LOVE vampires. Or maybe I feel so deeply about it because the first real story I ever wrote was about a teenage girl falling in love with a vampire. Who knows? I just feel it, and it's hard to explain.

Anyway, my husband came home with a surprise last night. Before going to work, he stopped by the store and picked up the remaining three for me. OMG! I now have all of them, and can't wait to get stuck into them. So, so awesome.

Now I can't wait to watch the movie.

So, have you read the Twilight Series? If you have, what did you think? But please, no spoilers. :D Isn't Edward Cullen one of those totally intoxicating characters that you miss when he's not on the page? At the end of my book (it's a special edition) there's an excerpt for an upcoming book called MIDNIGHT SUN, and apparently, it's from his POV. Yikes! ;)


Yolanda
http://www.yolandasfetsos.com/

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home