...



Friday, September 26, 2008

More Life...

I was reading TJ's blog and think it must be the week for surgeries. My daughter, too, finally had the surgery to fix her brain aneurysm. It was a two-day procedure, an arterial bypass on Monday and then the embolization on Tuesday. She spent a couple of days in ICU until the nurses pitched her out because she was simply doing too well (ain't that a hoot). She spent the night in a regular room and then the doctors set her free.

We stayed at the hotel last night here on the UCLA campus, just to give her one additional quiet night (and mom too). I'm staring at her in wonder...it's hard to believe that it's finally over and she did so well. She'll have a follow up in 6 months and another in 1 year, but the aneurysm no longer poses any danger to her life. Hurraye!

On the good news front, I just signed the contract for a novella titled The Lady is a Vamp. It'll be out in March of 2009. Under the glitz and glamour of Las Vegas is a dark underworld of vampires and the stalker who stalks them. Their salvation lies in the hands of a most unlikely pair – a professional poker player and the vampire who loves him.

I've been reading quite a bit while watching my daughter sleep and recover. I jumped into a new Nora Roberts and then shook it up with a bit of horror. Ghost Walk, by Brian Keene is a spooky little tale just hankering to get you in the mood for Halloween. So, if you like a little mystical magick with your terror, be sure to try it out. And it's weird how serendipity works. I finished Ghost Walk last night and read the teaser for his upcoming horror novel, Castaways, while watching the season premier of Survivor. Coincidence or...???

As soon as I power down the laptop, I'll be packing the car to head home. However, I'll be in the LA area on Sunday for the West Hollywood Book Fair with Eden Bradley and the Southern California Erotica Writers. So, if you're in the area, stop by and pick up lots of fun swag.

Ericka Scott
www.erickascott.com

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Cynthia Eden said...

I am so glad to hear your daughter is doing well! That's wonderful! And congrats on the new contract. I love vamps.

September 26, 2008 at 3:22 PM  
Blogger Ericka Scott said...

Thanks Cynthia!

September 27, 2008 at 6:04 PM  
Blogger Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Hey Ericka! I'm also glad to hear about your daughter. All the best.

Oh, and congrats on the new contract, and have some fun too! :)

September 28, 2008 at 1:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home