...



Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A Review & An Excerpt

Well, I'm still working on the first draft of my novel. I'm very close to 50k now, and would love to cross it sometime tonight. If I can meet my 4k/day target, then I will be able to do it. I'll see how I go.

So, instead of boring everyone with another recap of my week, I thought I'd share this awesome review I found the other day:

"Are things “cosmically” linked together? If you read Obscure you will not only say yes to that but will have a new mental view of what a Dwarf would look like. Ms. Sfetsos again proves she was a wonderful imagination for creating worlds up there with the best of them (LKH and SK to name a few). I was quickly drawn into the story and rooting for the good guys to win. She is also able to write a very well placed erotic storyline to entice many to look for more characters and stories from her. Obscure is a strong, fast-paced read for the spring."

This is part of the review that Tanya from Joyfully Reviewed gave me for my novella, OBSCURE. Thanks Tanya! What an awesome review, this really put a smile on my face. :D

So, because I absolutely loved this review and OBSCURE is one of the stories that I'm most proud of, I thought I'd share a little excerpt. Oh, and isn't the cover stunning? I love it! I hope you enjoy it...

“Amber—” Among the voices and flashes of random people trying to get her attention, only one stood out from the rest.

“Amber…” It was almost like a whisper caressing her bare arms. A male voice unlike any she’d ever heard before.

“Turn around,” the voice continued.

She looked over her shoulder with a smile. No one would think her gaze was anything more than another pose for the cameras. Yet her eyes scanned the crowd, eager to find the owner of that alluring voice.

Finally, her gaze locked on him.

Time halted. Amber sucked in a deep breath that took too long to reach her lungs. Several strands of hair escaped her elaborate hairstyle to tumble over her forehead and into her left eye, but she could still see him. A bizarre sensation washed over her as the camera flashes around her continued in what seemed like slow motion.

The man, who wore a dark hooded sweatshirt, took a step toward her. The barricade kept him behind the red carpet, but Amber was still compelled to take several steps in his direction.

She slipped her hand out of Justin’s and moved forward, as if in a trance. The brightness of the event dimmed with every step she took toward the compelling stranger. Amber had never experienced such a strong pull toward a fan.

“I wish to give you this,” the man said when she stood close enough. He held his cupped palms in front of her face.

Shadows crept around them. She caught a movement out of the corner of her eye, but it was gone by the time she turned to look in that direction. The red carpet event faded a little more with each passing second.

“Focus only on me,” the stranger in the hood ordered.

Yolanda
http://www.yolandasfetsos.com/

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home