...



Wednesday, September 10, 2008

What I'm doing this week...

Well, this is a pic of where I write. Yep, it's a corner of the couch in the living room. Actually, it's the couch situated in front of the sliding door (we have two) that leads out to the balcony. I have the blinds completely open during the day because Loki (my kitty) loves to sit in the sun while he looks outside and watches the world. :)

Anyway, several months ago, I decided to give up my desk. It was in our bedroom and pretty much became a dumping ground for notebooks and scrap pieces of paper. I never sat there to do any actual writing. Since my fave place to write is the lappy, I can sit wherever I want. But this little corner is my favourite. It's where I sit down for several hours at a time and let my imagination and fingers work away at a crazy pace.

Last week, I started writing a new novel. It's a new urban fantasy that's been hounding my brain for a while now. So, when I sit in my little corner of the living room, while my daughter's at school and hubby at work, I'm deep into this new world. I really like the main character. She's going to go through some pretty heavy changes as the series progresses. Yeah, I already know I want it to be a series. I couldn't possibly spend only one novel with these characters, there has to be more! ;)

At the moment, I've passed the 32k mark. I'm hoping to get the first draft written by the end of this month... because, that's when my daughter gets another lot of school holidays. That's what happens when they split them up throughout the year. Lol.

Yolanda
http://www.yolandasfetsos.com/

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Cynthia Eden said...

Yolanda, I love your writing space--often, mine looks just like it!

September 11, 2008 at 8:35 AM  
Blogger Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Thanks Cynthia! :)

September 15, 2008 at 5:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home