...



Monday, October 6, 2008

I love October.

Seriously, I love it. The cooler days. The leaves falling from the trees.

And I do love the ghosts and goblins that will soon be at my door. :-)

I've found that when I'm writing a paranormal story during Halloween (like I am lucky enough to be doing right now), the pages flow faster. The energy of the story seems more intense--and I can't wait to sit down each day and write.

I'm done with traveling and attending workshops for a bit, so I'm going to spend the next few weeks getting as much done on this story as I possibly can. I'd love to be finished with the rough draft by Halloween, but I'm just not sure that will be possible. Even if I don't get this tale wrapped up until mid-November, I still know that I'll have one hell of a good time writing these characters.

Are there any other October lovers out there? If so, why do you love this month so much?

5 Comments:

Blogger Edie Ramer said...

I do love October weather for the most part, but we're getting a little too cold a little too early. We already had frost! Don't like frost. September was great by us this year. :)

Good luck on finishing the rough draft by Halloween!

October 6, 2008 at 9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cynthia! I absolutely love Oct. Halloween has become my fav holiday of the year. The costumes, the movies, the decorations and the activities are all so much fun at this time of year. I also love the food, apple dumplings, pumpkin pie etc. The weather is also great, mild days and cool nights. What more can I say! Good luck on the Halloween story!

October 6, 2008 at 12:04 PM  
Blogger Cynthia Eden said...

Thanks, Edie! I'm gonna try my best. :-) And, frost? Yep that does sound a bit too cold!

Hi, Barbp! I love to be able to walk around my neighborhood in the evening and see all the Halloween decorations. Just seeing all those pumpkins and witches makes me smile. And, um, now, youve got me wanting pumpkin pie, too! Ah, the smells and sights of Halloween. :-)

October 6, 2008 at 2:49 PM  
Blogger Yolanda Sfetsos said...

I enjoy October because it's when Sydney finally gets into spring-gear. I love it! Longer and warmer days, with a touch of creepiness around every corner.

Oh yeah, and it's my hubby's and daughter's birthdays this month, too. :)

Have a great one!

October 6, 2008 at 9:11 PM  
Blogger Ericka Scott said...

I love the crisp, cool days. Living in the high desert, we get tooo much summer (lasts from about March until Mid October). I also love all the spooky decorations and that at this time of the year, paranormal is the norm (LOL)

October 17, 2008 at 12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home