...



Friday, October 17, 2008

I'd rather have Candy Corn

The last few weeks, I've been feeling as if I've bitten off more than I can chew. I'm editing for a small e-press, a review site, and my own work. I feel as if I'm I'm buried in edits, especially since two manuscripts came back almost simultaneously. So, now I've got publisher requested, agent requested, and critique partner requested edits...on three different stories.

And yes, you heard me right, agent requested. Now, before you start squeeing, I haven't acquired an agent. I did, however, bid on and win a manuscript critique from Scott Eagan of Greyhaus Literary through the Brenda Novak Auction. He read through 50pages of my full-length proposal and gave me lots of guidance. He also requested to read the full! (Now you can squeee). I'm hoping to get it finished, polished, and submitted to him by mid-November.

Oh, and I was notified by Phaze that they'd like to put The Werewolf Whisperer into print. PRINT!!!! That's a big SQUEEE! Only, the story is a bit short. So, I could either fill it out or write a short to go with it. So, the sequel that I've been toying with for months (a 10-15K novella) will need to be plotted, written and submitted. If it's accepted, it will come out in e-book when the print combination comes out. I am sooooo excited...I just keep pinching myself.

But now...I'm back to chewing all those edits and wishing it was candy corn.

Ericka Scott
www.erickascott.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home