...



Wednesday, October 29, 2008

NaNo & Maths

I don't like maths, but I like NaNo. ;)

I hope you're all having a great week! The last week of October has been filled with edits for me. The bad news is that I wanted to take it easy this week and just lose myself in planning the novel I want to write next month. The good news is that the third round of edits for CHRISTMAS CAROL has now been done. Yay! Did I mention that this is the sequel to CHRISTMAS LIGHTS? Yep, it is.

As you can tell, I'm going to take part in NaNoWriMo again this year. This'll be my third year. I think it's a lot of fun. Besides, I enjoy throwing myself so deeply into a first draft that I manage to spend an entire month thinking, dreaming, note-taking, and writing the one story I just can't wait to tell.

Okay, here's the maths of it. I know that the month of November has 30 days, but I will only be writing for 20. Why? Because I like to take weekends off. That's because family time + brain recharge time + reading time = the ability to have a large word count output Mon-Fri. Lol.

So, that means that in order to finish a 50k novel during November, I need to write 2,500 words each day. That means 12,500 words a week. (12,500 x 4 = 50,000) Can I do it? I'm pretty sure I can, since I usually aim at 4k/day. It's just a matter of buckling down and getting so wrapped up in the story that some days I might even write more than what I have to. At least, that's what I'm hoping.

You know, after talking about all that, I think it's time I get my Playlist ready and continue the exciting process of making up a story...

So, are you taking part in the craziness this year? If you are, feel free to buddy me. I'm over here. My username is *Y*. ;)

Good luck and have fun!

Oh, and...

Yolanda
http://www.yolandasfetsos.com/

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger SaturnMoonie said...

I'm doing NaNo this year (I'm a NaNo Virgin) and I'm excited, and a lil scared. I've been working on my playlist too, and that's a pain because I'm looking for songs that are dark and hypnotic (like Nymphetamine by Cradle of Filth) and I'm having trouble finding songs. I can't wait to see what I can come up with! And thanks for the math, I should do that myself, see how much I gotta write a day.

-Jen
I'll make sure to add you to my buddies.

October 29, 2008 at 5:30 AM  
Blogger Cynthia Eden said...

Happy Halloween, Yolanda! I'm *thinking* about NaNo, haven't decided for sure yet, but good luck to you1

October 29, 2008 at 8:26 AM  
Blogger Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Hi Jen! Just remember to have fun and don't put too much pressure on yourself. Personally, I enjoy challenging myself, so this is great. Good luck!

I'll be posting about my NaNo progress here during November, so be sure to pop in and let me know how you're doing too. :)


Hey Cynthia! Thanks. Well, have you decided if you'll be taking part yet? :) No pressure.

October 30, 2008 at 3:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:D yay for finished edits!!

October 30, 2008 at 4:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home